Car Thread!

That supercharger whine brings back memories. That's what my TRD supercharger sounds like. More like a wind up toy, lol. But it worth it. You'll notice a significant amount of torque and wheel spin is tons easier to do. You must get it now.

Lol, I need to save up some more money. I'm about 1/4 there but I will start a good paying job soon hopefully.

Meh, I'd rather have a sequential turbo setup. The 13B-REW with twin turbos is so damn awesome.

The thing I don't like about superchargers is the high end torque that gets robbed from your engine. The response is nice, but it's not that great when you're driving in a situation where you need that extra torque.

Twin turbos don't work well on a powerlesss 4 cyl engine, esp since I have no room to work with.

And I'm shooting for a little more low end-midrange power. Plus the s/c will not burn up my automatic trans like a turbo would at reasonable boost levels.

I would turbo it if I could work another $3,000 into the budget for it, but that's not happening.

Turbo setup requires a few extensice of mods while a supercharger is very simple. They're literally "direct bolt-on". It replaces the entire intake system on a the car. On my setup from before, the supercharger came complete with new intake pipes too. Replaces the stock rubber tubing which sucks. If you have an auto, a good tranny oil cooler is not a bad investment (although it is not necessary to have one). They're cheap and very easy to install. That's about it for a supercharger mod.

Oh, consider getting new cooler spark plugs (NGK or Denso) and thermostat. Honestly, they're optional too, but it's better to do it especially if you use your Focus as a daily driver.

Yeah I may get a small B&M cooler but I don't know where I would put it. The powerworks is air/water intercooled though so it comes with all sorts of piping, lol. And it comes with spark plugs. Basically everything I need and supposedly will not break a stock automatic, mine is a little built so no worries there. The only thing that worries me is it's 5 years and 74K miles old, but eventually I will need to get a new one anyway.

The ECU hookup is a pain though. First time after the install, it fried the stock ECU. The second time, it shorted it out again. The third time Toyota rewired everything including two new ECU: one stock and one TRD ECU as a piggyback. It worked there after that. It helps to control the fifth injector that's integrated with the supercharger and overall air/fuel management.

Ha, over thousands and thousand of dollars worth of repair work. Luckily, everything was under warranty.

Sweet.

Yeah what would happen is I send the PCM to powerworks, they reflash it and send it back to me, and it's done.

Back
Top Bottom