Noobie needs help deciding what parts to build my computer with.

Oh yeah, it will work perfect with just one stick. No problem.

The reason why I like Asus is because they have proven track record. They make very stable boards and high performance boards as well. The Intel P35 chipset is fairly new and very affordable. They offer fast system bus and quad core support. The P35 also support DDR3 on select motherboards including faster memory controllers. It's popular too. Whatever is popular has got to be good.

Cool cool, appreciate the help!

As soon as the check clears for the car I just sold, im going to order parts. Im excited. :cool:
Picking up a 22" monitor this weekend.

Oh one more question.

Is it a real bad idea to get a cheap $50 case?

thanks again. This is probably the best forum ive ever been on, all the car ones make fun of the noobies too much.

Well, it depends on what kind of quality you want. I really don't see anything wrong with a cheap $30 case. As long as you get a good power supply, you're set. More expensive cases tend to have better airflow than cheaper cases because of more fan support and unique cooling features of the case. Plus, they're sealed a lot better. I've built PC's with $30-50 cases before and it was just fine. No problems at all. Sometime, the screws don't line up with the side panel and case. That's a worse case scenario. You can just force it in there with a small punch tool or screwdriver. Cheap cases can be flimsy, but it's not like you're moving it around at all. It stays in one place for life unless you take it out all quite frequently to LAN parties. That's when I would really invest in a stronger case.

Well, it depends on what kind of quality you want. I really don't see anything wrong with a cheap $30 case. As long as you get a good power supply, you're set. More expensive cases tend to have better airflow than cheaper cases because of more fan support and unique cooling features of the case. Plus, they're sealed a lot better. I've built PC's with $30-50 cases before and it was just fine. No problems at all. Sometime, the screws don't line up with the side panel and case. That's a worse case scenario. You can just force it in there with a small punch tool or screwdriver. Cheap cases can be flimsy, but it's not like you're moving it around at all. It stays in one place for life unless you take it out all quite frequently to LAN parties. That's when I would really invest in a stronger case.

good deal, sounds like ill most likely be going that route then.

thanks again guys, and ill update this thread as I buy components and build the computer.:cool:

hopefully that will only be a few days, before I start ordering things.

It looks all right. That $50 case is one of the nicer ones I've seen for the price.

cool, thats good to know. What should I do about internet connection?

My house has wireless internet, so is there a card I need for that?

thanks again guys.

You're going to need a wireless network adapter for your PC. If you have a wireless router already, you're set in that department.

This is the easiest to install to your PC since it's USB:

LINKSYS WUSB54GC IEEE 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Compact Wireless-G Adapter Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, WPA - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124187

awesome. Ill have to get one of those then too, would there be any benefit to getting one with slightly higher data rates?

I bought my monitor today, and let me say 22 inches is a lot bigger than it seems. Cant wait for my parts to arrive.:)

I personally don't think it would make a difference getting one with faster transmission rate. 54Mbps is pretty fast trasnferring data between router to your PC. The bottleneck is at the ISP. They purposely give you like 4-8Mbps download rate.

Back
Top Bottom