Who is your ISP and what type of broadband technology are you using?

well i got Fios and its alsome :D
the highest i got on that speedtest site was 19573 kb/s down
and like 3000 kb/s up
184122051.png
[/URL][/IMG]

See, I just got cut off the Net just now for about 10 minutes. Now for some miraculous reason, I'm connected again. Ok, here's my connection finally. Look at how pathetic it is. Upload wise!!! Terrible.

ISOwner, you wouldn't happen to be on Road Runner Lite would you? That might explain the speed issues....

Here's mine.

188853295.png

Absoulutley HORRIBLE for gaming:p but awesome because it's the only (affordable) ISP that comes out here to the middle of frickin nowhere:D

I'm not sure if that's what they call it, but for sure, it's not Road Runner Premium or Business. I don't know if there's a regular Road Runner or if Time Warner's calling it Road Runner Lite. But it seems my Internet speed is much slower than that from the way web sites are loading.

I also notice every night at around this time, the Net is ridiculously slow. I'll bet you anything someone is download some heavy stuff in my neigborhood all at one time. My roommates are probably online downloading off of a Torrent site and the other one is always playing Warcraft online in the evenings. He's always bugging me to get the game and play, lol. I hate the restrictions. Then when the network overloads or it peaks, then we get disconnected. Like right now, the blue dot is gone. I'm just playing the waiting game now to see when it will reconnect to submit this reply.............and watching "Office Space" and "Zoolander" at the same time. Funny movie, but so true on what goes on in the business world.

It's about time I finally got connected again!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Time Warner. Oh, they replaced the modem three times, we replaced the wireless router one time, now, Time Warner gave us a wireless router/modem combo to replace everything and gave us a high speed wi-fi extender. Still, problem exist!!!!!

Terrible. I called Verizon to ask about their DSL service. They can't accept any more customers due to limits reached. FIOS is our only solution, but we have to wait for that.

Lol, did I do worse?!?!

See, I just got cut off the Net just now for about 10 minutes. Now for some miraculous reason, I'm connected again. Ok, here's my connection finally. Look at how pathetic it is. Upload wise!!! Terrible.

I have Verizon. I used to have Adelphia, but ever since TWC took over, it's been downhill since.

Nothing amazing, but beats dial up hands down. Can play multiplayer games with it, my bro does all the time. I used to play mutiplayer Halo, it would only lag every now and then. I dunno why it says I have AT&T as an ISP though, I got it through the local telephone company... Connection gets slow during weekends sometimes, probably because everyone in the area is playing multiplayer or d/ling big files... Bit overpriced at $40ish/month I think it is, but it's the only thing out here that would be reliable, downtime is limited, whereas if I got a cheaper ISP, the downtime would probably be more.

I'm with Tiscali broadband and on there Tiscali Max package (8mb) I find them OK and the server is always on so I never have problems getting on line, They run the fair usage policy which means no downloading between 6PM -11PM but I don't mind to much as I don't download much, people slat them but I'm quite happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom