Vista 'Stepping Stone'

vista is fine.. im running it on 512 RAM, with no problems whatsoever.. the people who go on about how bad it is, how much memory you need, etc, etc, are just plain lying.. ive had it since just after it was released, and its a real good OS.

the way microsoft have managed to make such a big step up in qulity of user interface while still not comprimising much performance has to be respected

That's an understatement. A bunch of people had to upgrade their systems in order to work with Vista. Don't get me started about businesses.

That's an understatement. A bunch of people had to upgrade their systems in order to work with Vista. Don't get me started about businesses.

are you talking about the not comprimising performance ?

well if so then if you read below i mention about a dual boot with XP and vista and a very simple test they would probably perform the same if not vista slightly ahead.

if your not on about that please explain

I dual boot Vista and XP, and Vista does use more RAM. I can't run high texture settings in Vista without it stuttering, but XP runs it fine.

Putting gaming aside, I like to use vista more than I do XP though. The reason why it uses more RAM when you aren't doing much is that Vista buffers some things in the RAM, so the system performs better.

like ME was a stepping stone from 98 to XP it was a 5 minute job, and was buggy as hell. Vista is the same from what I've heard.

Vista can be on for 20 minutes without crashing. There is a difference. Bahaha.

I love XP. I will never upgrade unless something actually worthwhile happens.

The only thing I do not like about Vista is that it was hard to navigate through the CP. I like the classic view.

Back
Top Bottom