Fair usage how much bandwith do you use?

theres got to be some sort of dsl out there... somthing better then dial up
cuz dial up deff suxs
i have a blackjack phone and i can use it as a wireless modem for my laptop
try that if your cell phone supports it
i get good speeds to
enough to play css on

i have no idea wat i get for bandwith but i no its a LOT
i mean i dont even no if i have a limit and if i did then i would b WAY past cus this month i have used my 360s wireless WAY too much
but if i where u i would move :D
But u dont even have DSL in ur area or Dial up (WHERE DO U LIVE??!?!?!)
but seriously i would go HughesNets
but then again its nothing like having fiber :D

360 wireless doesnt use a lot

theres got to be some sort of dsl out there... somthing better then dial up
cuz dial up deff suxs
i have a blackjack phone and i can use it as a wireless modem for my laptop
try that if your cell phone supports it
i get good speeds to
enough to play css on

No their doesn't have to be DSL out their. The cost of deploying DSL to rural area's is super high and the ISP's don't make a profit.

Well the main reason I want something better is i'm sick of flipping channels waiting for pages to load. Right now if I want to download a file over 50megs I just go somewhere and download it on a friends computer because it takes to long. I mean windows update itself is a project. I don't want to have to be like okay I don't think I have to surf anything or do basically anything so i'll go ahead and update windows.

I mean right now theres a dreamscene expansion pack but its like 60 megs and downloading that and trying to surf the web is pratically unbearable.

I get sick of going to simple sites like newegg and having to wait like 30 seconds for the main page to load. Then when going to place orders and such you gotta wait twice as long since its a secure server.

I'm aware the ping is really high. Thats why I said attempt to game. Most likely impossible. But more or less I want to be able to download a software file or watch some of the urge videos on media player. My buddy was showing me that after he got his highspeed and would love to be able to do it but its a lost cause with dial up.

Ping of 300 is a understatment most places i've read say roughly 700ms pin upwards of 1.2ms.

Need wow now obviously I have dial up.

Let me clarify the situation. I live between 3 towns. Picture a triangle. The town to my North has Atlantic Broadband which stops probally 8 miles before my place. The town to my east probally stops within 5 miles of mile place which is Comcast. And the town south of me probally stops within 3 miles of my place. Which is also comcast.

So i'm stuck basically. I've checked the nextel and sprint wireless but there giving a unkown signal quality and the actual broadband wireless is now where in site. I've checked with cell one who I go through with my cell phone. They have data service but its probally only 3 times at max faster than my dial up and is $80 a month which i'm not paying so I can download at 15kb/s vs my current 5-6.

Dj nailed it. There are not many houses in my area. Its very open here.

I'm just at wits end with this. I don't know of any other wireless companys that service in the area. I've been on every highspeed provider and there is nothing.

Reading everyones reviews of wildblue and hughes leads me to believe its a huge crap shoot if its going to be better than my dial up to be honest. Most people claim it works for a few days then goes to hell shortly thereafter and there stuck because there 30 day trials are up and wildblue are virtually unresponsive to deal with.

What state do you live in, and whats the town nearest? Around us they have like T6broadband, and other wireless ones like that, look into those, they are decent.

I'll have to do some calling with some local companys. I speedtested my dial up last night. Was going to post the results but the site was down. Is this decent for dial up?

Theirs no way you can get that upload though! Mathematically impossible.

My upload is abnormally higher than my download speed and I'm on dialup too.

It's around the same download speed as I get and I'm about 3km from the main office in my town. About the 17GB per month bandwidth limit, that definitely wouldn't be enough for me if I had broadband. When I stayed at a hotel a few weeks ago I downloaded 4GB of LEGAL FILES in one day... and still didn't have all the stuff I wanted to get.

Ya not really sure why thats so high. It normally runs around 150kb/s up until the end of the test then it jumps up a peaks at between 280/295kb/s. Is the ping decent though for dial up?

My upload is abnormally higher than my download speed and I'm on dialup too.

It's around the same download speed as I get and I'm about 3km from the main office in my town. About the 17GB per month bandwidth limit, that definitely wouldn't be enough for me if I had broadband. When I stayed at a hotel a few weeks ago I downloaded 4GB of LEGAL FILES in one day... and still didn't have all the stuff I wanted to get.

Proboly ISP upload compression. The lines physically max out at 33.6

Back
Top Bottom