Computer crashing on start up(Help)

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Here how it goes, When my computer is switched off and left for a length of time then turned back on again later I end up resetting it 4 or 5 times because it keeps crashing.
I have cleaned it out, took the CPU fan off and cleaned all the heatsinc panels, dusted the inside off the case well hoovered it anyway, checked the ram and graphics card are seated correctly, looked at the system temp and CPU temps which are 37c for system and 53/54 for CPU so not to bad, the bit the bugs me is once it finally gets going it will run fine all day all night.
When I first switch on it crashes as its loading the desk top then after resetting it often doesn't get that far, the fan sometimes does not kick in and the monitor does not turn on, its not a Virus so I'm wondering if its a power problem or something, any Ideas anyone as Ive been looking to eradicate it for sometime now.

hmm could be any number of things there dude
Could be psu problems could even be a mobo on the way out
Just try a new psu and if not may be time to build a new one
You have tried everything i would have done so if it dosent fix then try a new psu and after that just build a new one

hmm could be any number of things there dude
Could be psu problems could even be a mobo on the way out
Just try a new psu and if not may be time to build a new one
You have tried everything i would have done so if it dosent fix then try a new psu and after that just build a new one

Its wants updating really but I don't use it for gaming so I'm quite happy its just this problem is starting to annoy me as to why it only does it on the initial start up every time its like a old car you got to push it a bit to get it going then its fine, Ive changed my ram/and graphics card in the past but this issue keeps on surfacing.

After it finally boots up and gets running setup a check disk on the next boot. Make sure your not getting any errors on the hard drive that could be crashing windows.

Does it boot into safemode everytime without issues? If so you may have a driver conflict somewhere.

Otherwise you PSU is probally going bad in the system. Once it boots up download everest and check all the rails and see if there within spec. If there off thats most likely your problem.

Its wants updating really but I don't use it for gaming so I'm quite happy its just this problem is starting to annoy me as to why it only does it on the initial start up every time its like a old car you got to push it a bit to get it going then its fine, Ive changed my ram/and graphics card in the past but this issue keeps on surfacing.

Ok well yeah i see your point in not upgrading , but then you could get a dual core cpu mobo and ram for about £100ish , only like budget amd but i saw the performance difference its amazing , you could use the onboard and you would be sorted

its up to you i guess after a while things just break it may well be the mobo caps it happens as motherboards get older the capacitors start to get bad nd this can mess with its operation

Back
Top Bottom