Q6600 now at 3.6GHZ and stable!

Aye... maybe I should lower it.

I'm building my brothers rig in a few days or so, and I'm going to get the same processor, but throw a Tuniq Tower 120 at it.
If its worthy, I may get myself one.

Hmm...maybe I should put it back to 3.2.

I haven't tested how low I can put the voltage yet. I'm at like 1.24 something now. I wonder if I could drop it any lower.

Everest tests all cores, and also does memory and hard drives at the same time, so I think its a pretty good test.

I ran at an 8x multiplier, and 450mhz clock speed, and was getting the same speed, but RAM was overclocked to 900mhz. Memory crashed in Everest, with a blue screen, at 2.0 volts, and yet, upping it to 2.1v, caused a hard reset before Windows even started to load, which is a bit weird.

I know everest tests everything but it doesn't stress like orthos or prime if that makes any sense. I've run the Everest stability tests and my orthos temps are like 6C higher than Everest. Give it a go you'll see the temps will climb higher and really test system stability. Make sure you run 2 orthos's or 4 prime95's to use every core.

Could you do me a favor and run a system bench at 2.7GHz and 3.0Ghz. I really don't feel like buying the A1 board and a Quad Core but if your performance at those 2 levels is on par with my E6600 I may just buy a quad now. I only ask because it seems most anyone is getting 2.7Ghz outta the quads on my board but no more than 3.0Ghz.

My thoughts are if it performs better I can just get the quad now and buy a board and tower in a few months. I'm just curios to know the cpu scores on 3dmark I think max I can get is like 3200 on my dual core.

Back
Top Bottom