Vista 'Stepping Stone'

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

i believe i read somewhere that vista is just going to be a stepping stone between windows XP and "Windows 7" just like windows 2000 was to 98 and XP.

just wondering if my sources are correct and what your guys opinions are on this.

personally i think its not the same thing as windows 2000 as although many still dont like it and im 1 of them but the fact is vista is such a big step from XP which is why i think it is so unpopular.

As the saying goes people dont like change

the way microsoft have managed to make such a big step up in qulity of user interface while still not comprimising much performance has to be respected

(by this i mean if you was to time a dual booted computer on from power on to load google on internet explorer and burn an audio C.D i bet there wouldnt be much difference)

ok they havent got the gaming cracked on vista yet but that asides vista is a milestone in computing history love it or hate it so surely it cannot be considered a stepping stone ?

well once again what are your thoughts on this

like ME was a stepping stone from 98 to XP it was a 5 minute job, and was buggy as hell. Vista is the same from what I've heard.

I always thought Vista wasn't going to last very long for some reason. XP still holds up its own, that Vista doesn't seem like a worthy upgrade, especially since someones on their way already, to get Direct X 10 games working in XP anyhow.

well when i saw the thread title i though have they made another vista version , then i read it and realised
Tbh i dont know if you are ill informed or not i havent read much about vista
I have used it and had no majour problems with it ,as you said its a change and nobody likes change , i dont use it as a main os cos i cant justify spending that much on an os and ijust prefer XP right now as once you get other the shiny new interface there is nothing else there for me that i like , tbh i liked the new interface at first but it got quite a nnoying after a few weeks and i wasnt that impressed ,
maybe its just cos everything had moved or maybe cos it just didnt appeal to me who knows

tbh, i dont think it is.. i think it will be around for a while yet..

they are always upgrading and making things better, but with the amount of money they have spent on developing vista, they would want to see a nice profit on it before they release the next version..

Vista nor 2000 were stepping stones. 2000 Was the NT Buisness release of Windows. Previously before than, home editions were DOS and not NT based. Microsoft realized that the NT version now offered what everyone wanted, hence releaseing XP which was the first NT consumer operating system.

Would people that don't like Vista please explain why?

I didn't like it at first myself. I had several driver issue's and it crashed alot. Then decent drivers came out and Vista started shining.

I still have a dual boot. In the past 3 months I think i've booted in XP twice. Vista runs faster, looks better, supports all my games I play, has DX10, and I love the search features.

Also for the buggy comments someone please talk about the so called bugs? Rock stable here after driver updates. Can't remember how long exactly i've been running Vista now without any issue's but I know its been several months and have had no problems.

And of course there will always be a new OS comming out. Everything in the electronics industry is a stepping stone to something better. A tracks to Cassettes, Cassesttes to CD's, Cd's to DVD's, DVD's to Blue Ray. Windows95 to windows 98 to windows me/2000 etc etc etc. The list goes on with any type of electronics and the price just keeps going up.

I am a fan iof vista but I haven't got the hardware to run it as smooth as I would like. I'm waiting until I upgrade my CPU before I get vista. :)

Back
Top Bottom