What to do now i have 3gigs of pc2 4200..

k0409964

In Runtime
Now i have 3gigs of pc2 4200.. do i need to change any of the setting of the comp so it utilises this?

I'm using xp sp2.

nothing wrong with it, i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to make it go anyfaster.

CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz Model 6, Stepping 4
CPU Speed: 3400 MHz

thanks

I think having 3 gigs is a bad idea. Not only is there no games to really take advantage of more than 2 gigs, but having an odd number of sticks puts you out of dual channel mode.

So theoretically, I believe you'd be better off performance-wise to just use 2 1gb sticks.

yeah but i have 4 sticks, 2 512 and 2 1gig, and it still says dual channel mode enabled when i start it up. at least games of the future will use it..

You shouldn't have to change any settings if your motherboard supports that speed of RAM.
3GB's is fine, and its also the max Windows XP 32bit will see.

Running idle, I have around 1.5GB's free of RAM, and I have 2GB's.

Least you know you won't have to upgrade for a while

Now i have 3gigs of pc2 4200.. do i need to change any of the setting of the comp so it utilises this?

I'm using xp sp2.

nothing wrong with it, i was just wondering if there was anything i could do to make it go anyfaster.

CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz Model 6, Stepping 4
CPU Speed: 3400 MHz

thanks

Windows SHOULD recognize all the ram unless you have a graphics card without alot of onboard ram hogging up the memory addressing space.

yeah it recognises it fine, i just wondered if there was any tweaks that i could do that would make windows use it more effectivly

Back
Top Bottom