Cant get 3 sticks of ram to work in my MOBO

oneshot1

Baseband Member
I currently have a Lanparty UT nf4 ultra-D Motherboard.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3471&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US

I have 3 sticks of Gskill ram. each is 1 gig each. i got 2 sticks to work in my mobo, but when i try turning on my computer with the 3rd stick in either of the 2 left over RAM slots, my computer beeps and wont load.
I have the two sticks of ram currently in the Orange slotted RAM slots, and my computer loads and registers them. I dont know how to get the 3rd to work, something to do with BIOS? i checked DRAM config in my BIOS, but i dont know what to change in there, Help please?

Is there an option to disable dual channel memory in the BIOS? Cause with 3 RAM modules the motherboard won't be able to support this. And also you should consult the manual that came with your mobo to make sure that you have the RAM modules in their correct slots.

for some reason, RAM arent very friendly towards each other. theyre rather racist, in fact. one brand may hate the other brand so much and refuse to work with it.

technically i should have 3GB of ram, but the dual channel twins hate the older brother - so im stuck with the 2GB a$$ holes

Back
Top Bottom