WTF is wrong with CF?

yea. i personally try to combine useful posts with some more down to earth ones, a nice mix :)
i still think a new theme would be good, i can only hope

yea. i personally try to combine useful posts with some more down to earth ones, a nice mix :)
i still think a new theme would be good, i can only hope
We might not always agree mate, but you're one of the best members as regards constructive & helpful posts
up.gif

same to you. i dont always agree with a lot of people on here but nothing wrong with a little debate :p
besides we all have our own beliefs, values, etc.
we cant all be the same, and i wouldnt want that.
im coming upto 5k posts and 3 years here, i hope to increase both of those numbers in the years to come, ive stuck it out this far, i havent given up on you guys yet ;)

I don't want to sound negative, but it's CF's spirit that needs lifting, a lick of virtual paint won't help if you don't mind me saying........your posts are OK as they are anyway:)

I agree with you, the trouble is our own emotions sometimes get the better of us so we get drawn into disagreements/arguments that escalate into war of words, a simple apology to calm the heat of the moment down more often would help us, as someone mentioned earlier if we stopped to think about how or what we reply before posting then reply with a non offensive remark in a constructive way even if we disagree then we are giving respect to the receiver of the reply and not aggravating it further.
Mutual respect by all parties can only make for a better CF forum.

I am just saying that none of the mods like closing threads just for the heck of it. If it was up to me a lot of threads would remain open that were closed. However, the rules are really strict, and we try to adhere to them.

If you guys think I am too trigger-happy, do tell me. Again, I love criticism, so go ahead and PM me your troubles or whatever. I am eager to improve.

I am just saying that none of the mods like closing threads just for the heck of it. If it was up to me a lot of threads would remain open that were closed. However, the rules are really strict, and we try to adhere to them.

If you guys think I am too trigger-happy, do tell me. Again, I love criticism, so go ahead and PM me your troubles or whatever. I am eager to improve.

I think your doing OK mate,:) carry on as you where, every mod is different and approach things slightly different and thats a good thing, and no your not trigger happy.

Honestly I don't think the mods seem to have many rules. If they do have rules, it doesn't seem as if they're followed. I've seen several occasions where mods have stepped over or gotten out of line and sometimes it's an ongoing thing. If a member does something like that, they get banned. It seems to me there are more rules for members than mods. The huge difference is that members are forced to follow them while mods aren't. That's the way I see it at least.

Troy man, if you see a mod breaking a rule be sure to report him. I mean, if I ever break a rule you can go ahead and tell dave or whatever. If you see a mod doing something he shouldn't be, go ahead and make a thread in suggestions. You have my backing if somebody gives you crap about it. Even if it's me that's breaking the rules, go ahead.

Honestly I don't think the mods seem to have many rules. If they do have rules, it doesn't seem as if they're followed. I've seen several occasions where mods have stepped over or gotten out of line and sometimes it's an ongoing thing. If a member does something like that, they get banned. It seems to me there are more rules for members than mods. The huge difference is that members are forced to follow them while mods aren't. That's the way I see it at least.
You are so wrong Troy, if David sees us abusing our authority, believe me he gives us a right b*ll*king, I've had a couple & I don't mind admitting it, there is a guidance to mods which is explained to us when we are first made up whch is nearly two & a half years ago for me, oh yes, he keeps a v-e-r-y strict eye on us including our PM's, in fact he can & does look at a percentage of all of them including members on a fairly regular basis, it's not "big brother" though, it's called running this site efficiently & safely.

Back
Top Bottom