will somone help me with overclocking ?

sfxhewitt

In Runtime
hi all i got here are a few pics of my system and my bios

cpu-z

advanced bios settings

intergrated periphearals

power management setup

hope somone can help im tryin to reach about 3.6ghz somthin like that and i think a feature called speed steper it turned on somone told me but i couldnt find that option in bios :S thanks

here are the rest of the bios pics

pnp/pci config

h/w monitor

cell menu

spread spectrum config (it was at the bottem of the cell menu page)

Well I'm not sure if your going to clock up that high on a 650I. I've only used the 680I boards but it would appear you need to go under the cell menu and change the system clock mode from auto to manual.

After you do this the FSB frequency and Dram frequency above should come unlocked and you should be able to adjust them.

First thing after you have them unlocked is change your CPU voltage to 1.35V and see how high you can get on the stock Vcore that is stable. Step your FSB up 50 at a time to start. So take your FSB to 1383 that will give you 2766Mhz. Run Prime95 for 30mins to 1 hour make sure temps are good and its stable then bump it up to 1433 then check for stability. That would take you up to 2866Mhz.

I'd say the max you want to do this to is a 1500FSB at the stock Vcore. That would give you 3ghz. See if you can get here stable. If you hit a wall and your stress test fails or it does not want to post drop the fsb by 25 and see if it still fails. If it passes then you know its time to raise the Vcore and FSB voltage to go higher.

Just get started and lets see how high it goes at 1.35V and what type of temps you get. Make sure you have the latest bios for correct thermal readings. Download orthos for your stress testing.

what about this speed step thing because in my cpu-z pic it says that the bus is 333 and the multiplyer is 6 thats around 2ghz

Thats because you currently have the the speed step enabled. If you load your computer with any type of stress software you'd see your multi change back to 8 and the speed jump up. Speed step is a power conservation thing more for labtops.

Disable it and your cpu multi won't drop anymore.

Back
Top Bottom