Ipod to PC

Johnh

Baseband Member
My secondary hard drive recently crashed resulting in all of my music being lost. i do still have it all on my ipod though. i was wondering if there is a FREE program to send all of my music from my ipod to itunes. i know there is Senuti but that is only for macs so it doesnt do much good for pc.

i have found a few programs but they all want you to pay for the full version.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't I-Tunes automatically sync your Ipod and allow you to do this anyhow?

Shouldn't I-Tunes automatically sync your Ipod and allow you to do this anyhow?

Yea it will synch to your iTunes library and you will loose everything.
But, I believe the latest version of iTunes now checks and if music on your iPod is not in your iTunes library it will ask you if you want to upload it first before blowing it away.
In older versions it would be gone. :eek:

do you convert then to AC3 when you copy then to your ipod ?

well if not then it is simply a case of drag them from your ipod (GINA'S IPOD (F:)\iPod_Control\Music ) into my music and rename them all it is a slow process and takes alot of time i know.

if u have them converted to AC3 then you can do the same and convert them from AC3 to Mp3 if you wish to,

or you can try this way.

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

or

http://www.copytrans.net/index.php

but i have never used them so its your risk, although they may be very useful and 100X easier than my method

ive tried both of those softwares but both of them end up asking you to pay for it. the copytrans program allowed me to transfer 100 songs, unfortunately thats only about 1/30th of my music...

i just dont really understand why senuti for mac is completely free but then all of the programs for windows based computers you have to pay for.

idk

if anybody else has some suggestions please let me know!!

thanks!

Itunes should work now, like Kage said, older versions would have just blasted it. Winamp DOES have a built in Ipod plug-in now that you can use to take music off of your ipod. I used it way back when you needed to download both sepeartly, but it worked nicely.

VPod should be another one.

Can't you just plug the Ipod in and grab the files from "My Computer"?

alright ill try some of these to see if they work for me!!

thanks alot everybody i appreciate it!! :-D

Back
Top Bottom