Reseller Hosting Space

culexor

Daemon Poster
When I look a reseller hosting packages I notice that the amount of space they give is not very large. Why is that? Obviously you are going to need quite a bit of space if you are selling space. Usually shared hosting plans are cheaper and have MUCH more space...why is that? (I know that it depends on the software....most hosts use WHM which is great but not at all cheap but does it make an impact on space alloted?)

They give usually the same amount of space. It's just the differentials in the pricing.

You get less space for more money. Pay more money, get more space. It's a simple concept.

If you ask why then I really have to hand it to you, that you have no common sense. (I apologize if this applies to anyone reading this comment, and is in no way meant to be rude.)

Shared hosting plans are usually oversold; meaning, that the provider cannot physically allocate the amount of space you "pay for" and just assume that you will never use that much space.

As a reseller service, you are generally guaranteed that amount of space, and your provider will assume that you or your clients will consume that much space, therefor requiring a higher price with lower plan specifications.

When I look a reseller hosting packages I notice that the amount of space they give is not very large. Why is that? Obviously you are going to need quite a bit of space if you are selling space. Usually shared hosting plans are cheaper and have MUCH more space...why is that? (I know that it depends on the software....most hosts use WHM which is great but not at all cheap but does it make an impact on space alloted?)

I don't who exactly you are referring to by "they", but the fact that there's not enough disk space may tell you that the provider isn't overselling. And, probably, some of hosts use that to make their clients upgrade to a bigger plan.
If interested, check ahosting.biz reseller plans, they aren't overselling for sure plus provide quality support.

The web hosting company upgrates the package plans of their clients if they ask them to do it. It's a well-know thing and surely you have to pay for usage more CPU and bandwidth.
For example, a2hosting.com does it always.

When I look a reseller hosting packages I notice that the amount of space they give is not very large. Why is that? Obviously you are going to need quite a bit of space if you are selling space. Usually shared hosting plans are cheaper and have MUCH more space...why is that?

Hah, you've raised a very controversial point, it may true only for the part of companies, but not all of them.
I've made some research on this issue and from the hosting plans of the nrepurable companies I know and mentioned here, I will try to draw a conclusion:

webhostingbuzz.com:
shared plan: 300GB/2000GB -$4.95
reseller plan: 50GB/500GB -$10

ahosting.biz:
shared: 50MB/1000MB -$22 1reseller :1GB/20GB -$6

a2hosting.com:
shared :200MB/2GB - $2.95 reseller 10000MB/100GB -$24.95

onthespothosting.net:
shared: 4GB/200GB- $8.95
reseller 15GB/500GB -$24.95

I think that there's no consistency in the shared/reseller plans ratio in terms of disk space and bandwidth offered and to the greater extent it depends on the host's business plan. In the majority of cases, a reseller plan gives you more resources, which is quite natural as you'll be giving the plans away to people, but reseller plans tend to cost more, as more support is implied in this case.

Hah, you've raised a very controversial point, it may true only for the part of companies, but not all of them.
I've made some research on this issue and from the hosting plans of the nrepurable companies I know and mentioned here, I will try to draw a conclusion:

webhostingbuzz.com:

ahosting.biz:

a2hosting.com:

onthespothosting.net:

I think that there's no consistency in the shared/reseller plans ratio in terms of disk space and bandwidth offered and to the greater extent it depends on the host's business plan. In the majority of cases, a reseller plan gives you more resources, which is quite natural as you'll be giving the plans away to people, but reseller plans tend to cost more, as more support is implied in this case.
It's a very good overview of the web hosting companies. Let's compare the support that these companies provide:
Webhostingbuzz.com provides a live chat, helpdesk and forum.
Ahosting.biz has a ticket system, FAQ, community forum, Flash tutorials.
A2hosting.com offers many types of support including email, phone, online knowledge base, and real-time chat.
Onthespothosting.net provides a ticket system and knowledgebase.
As you see all companies have top-notch 24/7 support. Nice web hosting companies to sign up with.

webhostingbuzz.com:

ahosting.biz:

a2hosting.com:

onthespothosting.net:

Thanx, glove!

In the plans you've used as an example, ahosting.biz stands out as the price of their shared plans with less disk space and bandwidth than offered on the reseller is more than reseller hosting plans. I can't get it, as they offer in-house support , which means that they have to support lots of people on one reseller plan. But each company may have their own vision of this issue and business plan.

The rest of companies mentioned just support my point, seems like onthespothosting.net, a2hosting.com and webhostingbuzz.com all offer in-house support.

You know, there would be no sense in buying shared hosting plans at all if reseller packages with more resources and support presuure on the staff were cheaper.

No - it just means they are trying to buy you into their hosting.

But even trying to buy you into their hosting plan, they have to keep in mind their business plan, and the business should be gaining profit, not losing.
I'm using webhostingbuzz.com budget hosting plan, and the thing their reseller plans are more expensive is the clear thing for me.

As for OnTheSpotHosting.net special looks more attractive for me especually with first month absolutely free. They are great in doing reseller web hosting

Back
Top Bottom