Bypassed security enabled network

getting into people routers these days is like a sport to some people. i know a guy who does it all the time. Even secure ones, spoofing mac addresses, stealthing packets so that you can establish the WPA
He shouldn't do it, IMO it's a definite no no!!, does it all the time?, ye gods, he's a menace, do you know him well, if you do, is he the sort of guy that you'd be able to dissuade to stop this?

He shouldn't do it, IMO it's a definite no no!!, does it all the time?, ye gods, he's a menace, do you know him well, if you do, is he the sort of guy that you'd be able to dissuade to stop this?
ok hes actually talking about me :eek:
ive mac spoofed before, but my neighbours have 1 unsecured and 1 secure router, all i did was gain access to the second one. ive also attempted to crack some wep keys before, purely for testing purposes (not to get into someone elses network to steal stuff), but have never successfully done it. i think he went a bit ott. although i like trying things out, even the odd "hack". some have been successful and some have not. i most definitely dont do it all the time and i certainly havent/dont want to hurt anyone
i wouldnt say im a menace :p

edit: whizzells my mate from school btw. i think he posted this just to make me seem like a bit of a mad man :p
to be fair our business studies lesson was pretty boring so we had no choice but to browse cf :)

hehe dude_Se you do do it as a sport whether through intrege or just stupidity you violate at least 3 privacy laws a day and thats just at home :p lol... god knows how many laws you broke at school today (with my help ;-)) but ye, apparently brookfield thinks i should persuade you against it so here goes...

DOM - You could get into big trouble for this :p you could get kicked out of school :D get fined :cool: and even imprisoned :p

ok maybe i was involved in some slight hacking today. wasnt really hacking though. i was just recovering a wep key on a network i was connected to because i "forgot" it :)

Network security is not infallible. With the right tools, anyone can get through any security measures and do whatever they should wish. It is illegal but there are no life sentences involved and private negotiation with the other party should usually smooth over any poor relations.

im not even hacking anyway. i have access to the network. im just recovering the key so i can use it on my laptop, big deal.
no one is saying what programs to use, suggesting that you should cause damage,etc

Back
Top Bottom