Newegg new "Will Call" pick up service!!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm excited. I just got an email through Newegg direct saying that I qualify for the new pickup service!!!! Here's the email:

Dear Customer,
Congratulations!

For your convenience Newegg.com plans to offer a new shipping option, will call service (customer order pick up) in your ******* location. You currently reside in a location that has been considered for this service. Newegg.com sincerely values your feedback and we have put together just a few questions that will help us improve this service.

We appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your digital lifestyle and thank you in advance for your feedback.

Once you know, you Newegg.

I live very close to their main facility, hehe so of course, I had better be on their pick up list.

It means that I can request to have my package picked up at the Newegg warehouse facility instead of them shipping it out to me. Like what UPS does. They also have a "Will Call" service where they will put my package aside until I come to pick it up. Now, I can save money on shipping costs.

Nice. It's the shipping that makes newegg more expensive than buying stuff from my work. If only that was offered here.

I still have a disadvantage though. It's nice that I can pick it up now, but since the company is based in California and I'm a resident of California, I am forced to pay the California State Tax--which is much higher than to the rest of the people in the US. Well, people in New Jersey also pay extra on taxes too :p.

I still have a disadvantage though. It's nice that I can pick it up now, but since the company is based in California and I'm a resident of California, I am forced to pay the California State Tax--which is much higher than to the rest of the people in the US. Well, people in New Jersey also pay extra on taxes too :p.

In Canada, thats why I order everything out of province.

Thats the reason i don't use tigerdirect, good prices, but tax is way too much.

I'm glad I live in a state where there isn't too much... Wouldn't really want to pay tax on all the stuff I buy from Newegg. Shipping prices aren't too bad for the most part. For 3-day UPS shipping I could ship my whole custom PC for ~$13ish (after any discounts atm), of course I need fans also and added 2 120mm fans which upped the shipping $9... I guess fans are really valuable or something while the rest of my PC isn't...? The next lowest price is ~$70 for 2 day UPS, can't afford that though, and I really can't afford FedEx at all.

ive never had to pay sales tax, when something that i dont buy is based here in washington i just laugh becuase it is so uncommon, only thing we produce is fish and wood :p

Speaking of Washington, I'm coming up there this Christmas (pending weather from Utah). My sister and her husband lives in Bellevue.

Back
Top Bottom