Which RAM to get...?

Corsair is pretty damn good stuff. Dominator, kind of their Flagship product, either that or XMS, is damn sweet stuff. :cool:

ummm OK i missed something cuz all of a suddend u guys just start to recomend ram wat r the speeds the motherboard support? i have not seen any speed i saw that ur replacing ur old ram with brand new ram but if u get ddr2 and its ddr then well everyone nos that but wat did i miss i read this a few times and im confused??

Speed doesn't really matter. Motherboards, at least anythgin made within the past 4 years, automatically scales to the speed the motherboards can support. As an example i've put DDR400 RAM modules in my other PC mixed with lower DDR modules, it scales to the lower module's speed, e.g PC2100 vs PC2700, the motherboard will AUTOMATICALLy set it to the lowest standard piece you have.

Basically to sum it up...it goes to the highest speed the motherboard allows or the module allows. It auto-scales it.

well i no that but wat about the ddr and ddr2 thing u cant put a ddr picice of ram in ddr2 slot still confused?

well i no that but wat about the ddr and ddr2 thing u cant put a ddr picice of ram in ddr2 slot still confused?

No you can't use DDR in a DDR2 slot. Reason is because DDR2 has a higher pin count, 240 vs 180. There's these little notches in the RAM module, they only align in the motherboard is they're the right kind in a sense. That's as basic as i can explain.

Back
Top Bottom