Problem with .pst file

vpx_rodder

Baseband Member
Ok, so I have a .pst file that has somehow gotten corrupted. It was only 500MB so i know it wasn't the size. Well, I need to get back to a point where I can retrieve the emails out of the file. The file now shows as being 0KB, so I know it's empty. I tried using System Restore to get the file back, and that didn't work.

Anyone know of any way else to recover a file like that? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

can you not put it on a memory stick or something and then run a chkdisk?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The file is there, but it's like it was corrupted and cleared out. The user knows that on Saturday, the emails were there, but today, they are not.

I am just wondering if there is a way to get to a point to where I can see that file as it was on Saturday.

System Restore will not accomplish this though.

well chkdisk fixes currupted files. i mean my memory stick claimed it was 50gb once and was all messed up. a chkdisk fixed all the errors.
i dont really know what else you could try sorry. the file wasnt deleted was it? this may be a temp file that was just left over, usually if youve got hidden files and folders enabled

well chkdisk fixes currupted files. i mean my memory stick claimed it was 50gb once and was all messed up. a chkdisk fixed all the errors.
i dont really know what else you could try sorry. the file wasnt deleted was it? this may be a temp file that was just left over, usually if youve got hidden files and folders enabled

Thanks, we have a guy who works on the exchange server who says he can pull them from a backup on the exchange.

Thanks!

thats good to hear :)
its always useful to backup important stuff, shame i dont do it. due to the lack of space and the fact my data is not important enough for me to waste my time backing up :)

Back
Top Bottom