Computer is automatically rebooting!!!

kjosel13

Baseband Member
Hi on my other computer whenever I login it brings me to my normal desktop for 2 seconds or so and then my computer just restarts!!! The cycle keeps repeating untill I clicked shutdown on the log in screen (windows vista home premium) and it was about to shutdown but right before it shutdown it restarted again!!! So the only thing i could do on my computer was turn it off by manually holding the power button. My other computer basically just keeps restarting or is manually shut down by me.

Does anybody know what is wrong! I just bought it and I am a little angry and could use some help.
Thanks

I have the most basic warranty that comes with my computer I hope it will cover a faulty power supply. Or I could just buy a cheap one off of newegg cause mine was only 250W and I'm not a real gamer or anything so I dont need to shell out big bucks for a nice psu. But I'll try the warranty first. Thanks.

EDIT: WEIRDEST thing just happened. My computer works fine now... I have no idea why it just started to work again.

Mine would work fine for weeks at a time. Then it eventually got so bad I couldn't even get a program open before it rebooted.

I realized it was occurring for about 6 months, but it was slow at first, maybe once a month.

I would still take advantage of the warranty whether its working or not. Don't need a faulty psu if you can still replace it.

I would not be so sure about the PSU, but it is definitely some kind of motherboard fault or power management issue.

Taking it back is the best idea if its under warranty, you could try running CPU COOL to see what you system temps running at, try booting into safe mode as well and running your anti virus and a spy ware program see if it picks anything out but I'm inclined to think its heat or PSU.

Back
Top Bottom