XBox 360 vs PS3

okay firstly i wanna state my gaming background. Nintendo 64, dreamcast, playstation 2, playstation 3. so i may be biased in my decision.

Although the xbox 360 is a great console and it's menu is nice and tidy and online from what i've heard is amazing (although costs). You've gotta remember that its made by microsoft who rob you of whatever they can get. They charge for everything so when we can upgrade at anytime with firmware on our ps3 it's more likely to cost you an arm or a leg or a cup of sperm.

Xbox live is nice but not as amazing as a whole virtual hang out is going to be when home comes out later this year i think* and also its physics based (can't remember the name of it*) thing allowing you to create all sorts of wonderful things. which is something the xbox360 will never be able to use as the ps3 has 8 sub-processors and the xbox as far as i'm aware doesn't.

As for the rumble feature as mentioned above, sony resolved their conflict with the company who make the *rumble* in their controllers and they will also be soon to come out at what i'm sure will be a much more reasonable price than you would get with microsoft.

Another feature although this has gotten alot of stick as being a copy of the wii is its SixAxis controllers which is definitly something, although currently not brilliant.

I mean you've only got to read the article at the top of this thread to realise that microsoft are quietly conning xbox gamers.

Okay my lil bit done. HOME IS GONNA RULE!!! check it out! and watch this space - - > www .homebetatrial .com it's made my mind up defo

oh and as for games selection and game quality... check out the trailer for MGS4 (you might have to dl it to your ps3 thou) thats where i watched it! it looks awesome.

xbox=fun HOW IS THE PS3 DIFFERENT!
xbox=cheaper In the long run the ps3 is cheaper (free internet, you won't have to pay tyo get the latest version with hdmi etc cus the ps3 has it built in and as HDDVD can only reach up to 10GB i think at some point if you even wanna consider competing with the ps3 (resistance =26GB) your need BluRay discs + you have to pay for your internet and you won't get home... :p)
xbox=great games Time will tell, but as stated above disc size will be your downfall with game graphics quality etc.

ps3=RULES!!!!:)

In conclusion Ps3 FTW

When I bought my system, I wanted something I could play now. Not wait another year for them to release games or "Home". I honestly think the ps3 is a great system in and of itself. It is poorly lacking in the game title department though. Yes, it has this wonderful hardware, but no software to take advantage of it. This is partly because the xbox was released much earlier. I'm not bashing the ps3, but I wanted something I would use and not just end up playing my ps2 games on and using it as a blu ray player.

oh yeah:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD

dual layer hd dvd: 30gb

2 things I saw that I don't really agree with.

"360 isn't as powerful" - Well, unless you have a mega-huge 1080p tv in the first place (which I'm assuming not many of us do) you can't tell me the graphics are so superior that it's that important. If it's all about graphics, I could see some awesome graphics by walking outside and staring at something pretty. But that's not very fun.

"360 charges for online play and it's Microsoft who wants all your money" - SONY is a business as well. It's not like they don't want your money. XBL is pretty stable and well thought out, and IMO is worth the price of a game to have for a year. The only thing I don't like about it is all the extras and how much they typically charge for them. And IIRC you have to pay for the virtual stuff in Home. I can't stand little fees like that.

But take all that with a grain of salt. Because right now I'm using the fairly expensive and powerful computer (a year ago) listed in my sig to play RollerCoaster Tycoon. It isn't even 3d, but it's fun as heck.

Actually, as of now, the 360 has better graphics. Just because the PS3 is super hard to code for, and developers haven't been able to take advantage of all it's power yet.

i agree if you look at lair and heavenly sword they didnt look to good on the visuals they pretty much sucked.......all the games for the ps3 that are supposed to rock our world didn't deliver.....maybe in the future it will i believe in sony thats why i got a ps3.

developers complain how hard it is to code for the ps3 they like the 360 way more.

on the other note the 360 has so many games and isnt used for a paperweight.graphics isn't everything the game actually has to be good and not just a half a port.

"PHYSICS! GRAPHICS! RESOLUTION!"

Shut the hell up. If the game sucks ass then the prettiest of graphics won't save it from it's death.

I will be putting my hard earned money towards better computer hardware.

Bioshock? Check, it's on PC.
UT3? check.
Gears of War?, check.
Orange box? check.
Quake wars? check.
Halo3? pfft not interested.
Crap load of Japanese RPGS? nope, not interested.

Therefore, all the hit games on my check list will be made available on the PC, and I say to hell with both of those consoles.

PCs cost a lot of money, but for freedom, I choose it. Price is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom