Graphics or Vista?

atomichybrid

In Runtime
i just recently got a new graphics card (Radeon X1650 Pro IceQ AGP8X) for my computer. ive installed vista ultimate on my comp and lately the games i play freezes and eventually crashes. when it crashes it restarts the computer and the vista error shows that it was a blue screen error. before i updated the graphic card driver i used the cd to install the driver initially, but a friend of mine said that if use the cd and then update it would cause graphic conflicts on my computer. the specs of my computer is:
Pentium 4 HT 3GHz
ASUS p4s800
1.5GB RAM
512MB Radeon X1650

if this problem can be solved, id appreciate the help. And many thanks in advance.

updating the driver would have the same effect as installing the downloaded driver initially. Could possibly be a corrupt driver though, if it was working before, rollback to the previous driver.

check that your power supply provides enough power to the video card. If it does you may have a faulty card, contact the reseller or the manufacturer and seek their advice for testing it.

If you upgraded to Ultimate 64bit, then that come with a range of compatibility issues across all hardware & software.

1Gb of RAM is bare minimum but the recommended option is 2Gb.

1st I would check all your hardware and make sure is fully 64bit compatible. Also check that the game is as well.

Col

This looks like a simple issue regarding 64-bit driver compatibility. Ensure that your vendor supplies these drivers officially, failing that you may need to have a search for them.

64-bit Windows in general is notorious for hardware issues. What exactly is the error you are getting from the bluescreen? It will help you track the issue down.

this graphic card is on a 32 bit processor and it has enough power to run the graphic card but im still having problems. i hardly find that the hardware is faulty because it works and it was brand new from the box.

The GPU isn't 32-bit. It's your CPU that is. Personally, I have your model, but the Dual Channel version and the X series (P4S800D-X). Make sure you update your SiS AGP controller driver from Vista if you upgrade. Mine for some reasons locks up if not.

Another thing is that at the very beginning of Vista release, similar builds withthe X1650 fails for some reason. I'm not saying you'll have a 100% guaranteed fail, but if it does, you'll not be AS suprised.

Looking at your simptoms, it's your AGP controller. Mine will just do that. They pla, and then locks up. preety annoying, I understand.

beachbumfromoz, your sig is WAY too long! The max is 5 lines. Here's what I suggest:
Dell Inspiron 530 / Windows Vista Premium / 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor / 13-in-1 Hi-Speed multi card reader / Logitech X-530 70watts RMS 5.1 speaker system
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz, 800Mhz FSB / 4Gb NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667Mhz SDRAM / 256Mb NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT video card / Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card 7.1 / 500Gb SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD with Native Command / Dual DVD Drives / Dell Hybrid PAL/SECAM/DVB-T TV Tuner with remote / Dell IEEE Firewire 1394 PCI Card

No probs man. The 655FX chipset is an incredibly crap looking chipset for Vista. I miss my AsRock (661FX)

Back
Top Bottom