Wireless Problem

the_briton

Baseband Member
Hey first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section, wasnt sure whether to put it in here or networking but didnt think it would matter too much:)

My computer is hooked up to the wireless in my house, however i seem to be getting a problem where when someone else uses the internet on their computer mine disconnects, and the only way to reconnect is to restart the computer, which becomes very annoying. Please let me know what pieces of information you may need to decipher the problem.

Have you tried the 'ipconfig /all' (type this in the Command Prompt) to renew the IP address on the PC? Are you getting a notice that your Ethernet has been disconnected, or does it just stop working?

hmm soudns very random if you ask me.

first thing i would try is updating all drivers.

try reseting the router.

uninstalling and reinstalling wireless card if its not centrino.

phone your ISP see if they can help.

and well thats about it because i have never really heard of this unless you ISP doesnt allow multiple IP broadcasting.

When you have 2 with the same IP address you have a conflict. More times than not the IP collision results in one getting bumped off.
Make sure the DHCP is enabled in the router.
On yours and the other computer right click on the network icon in the tray and from the menu that pops up select repair.
That should force the router to issue new IP addresses to both computers.

Wow, my dad has been having these problems.

My dad is wireless, and my brother has a wii.

How do you enable DHCP?

Back
Top Bottom