q6600 vs e6850 gaming

clement71

Baseband Member
which would be better for gaming... as i have heard, the e6850 is better for games as of now... but for games like crysis, will the e6850 maybe still out perform the q6600 because of higher ghz?? but it also has much higher fsb... which is a bad thing isnt it??

right IMO the e6850 will out perform the Q6600 now but only by a little,

i mean the Q6600 will still play any game amazingly so only if you are concered with every single FPS then get the e6850 but as far as im concerned when it comes to choosing between them to CPU's its a no brainer.

Q6600 all the way coz in a years time then the Q6600 will demolition the E6850

Get a Q6600, slap an aftermarket Zalman or Tuniq cooler, then OC that sucker. It's the best.

couldnt agree more.

while im here (Dont mean to hijack the thread)

but whats with the Q6600 'Go' ??

if u dont like me posting this please say i will remove it and start my own thread.

but i think it may be useful to the original thread starter aswell as myself

It is the new core introduced to overclock better (due to lower power consumptions) and runs cooler than the original B-3 core. It's the best. Just make sure it's Go or SLACR labeled.

Basically G0 is the revision number of the processor. It's a newer revision that uses less power and runs cooler.

Anyway, if you're not overclocking, get the E6850. The higher clock speed will benefit you more. If you are overclocking, bumping up the speed of the Q6600 even just a few hundred MHz makes all the difference.

Read this for more info:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2quad-q6600

3.6ghz is possible with air I think (with care) on the quads. Thats what I'm aiming for.

the core 2 quad with mulit tasking and multi core programs owns the core 2 duo

Back
Top Bottom