5.1 Speaker's & PC

J03

~~~~~~~~
Hey All. So, my brother just gave me his 5.1 Surround Sound DVD/Stereo/ETC System. I have plugged it into my PC, and it work's fine. BUT, It's outputting as 2.1 and not 5.1. Here is what it looks like on the back.

5957SSL21174.JPG

What cable's can I get so i can experience 5.1 at it's fullest potential? My PC doesnt have an optical out, but it does have digital. Thank's!!!!

Nah, That's not the problem. I only got one jack plugged in to my PC, not the 5 Cable's your menna have. But, i need some kind of convertor. P.S. - Thank's anyway :)

its not gonna work mate.

simple because that doesnt look like it has a built in decoder therefore you have to run 3 red n white RCA cables from the input device.

or if it does have a decoder plug it into audio 2 with 1 red n white cable then it should decode it through all 6 speakers.

is the problem with the pc or the surround sound ?

The digital coaxial should work. Digital optical would be ideal, but it doesn't really matter.

You don't want to use the red/white, that won't give you surround.

Note that music is only in 2 channels. You'll need some sort of decoder to have it in 5.1. Usually it's Dolby Pro Logic. The receiver might have it, if not then you'll need a sound card that supports it.

Well, i can play DVD's with surround sound? I think it is a Decoder.... What can i use any coaxial cable, or do i need a special one?

Back
Top Bottom