Car Thread!

Didn't you say that the rock salt they put on the roads damages your rims? If that is the case why would you buy new ones when they will get damaged too?

Just go back to stockers in the winter.

Fortunately, I don't really have a real winter so I rock my BBS and summer tires all year long.

Didn't you say that the rock salt they put on the roads damages your rims? If that is the case why would you buy new ones when they will get damaged too?

Yeah, but I have a old beater, beater car I drive in the winter.

Just go back to stockers in the winter.

Fortunately, I don't really have a real winter so I rock my BBS and summer tires all year long.

I cant, I didnt get the stock rims with my car.

They also damage your exahust too. Pipes and mufflers overtime can start premature rust. I personally experienced it when living in Utah.

It ruins and pits EVERYTHING under the car. Its nasty shit.

That's why I hate those northern states. The snow is bad for your car. First, it gets too cold and you have one hell of a time getting it started unless your engine has a heater block. Second, the thick ice formations surrounding your windows. Thrid, the extreme cold. It's literally a freezer inside your car compared to outside temps. I hate that feeling, but cars have remote start these days so that's good at least. Fourth, the salt. It does major damage to your body (paint and chassis, etc.). Fifth, your car gets too damn dirty!!!!!!!! Yeah, I hate it.

I hate the snow too, and I live in Washington. We've never had a problem starting a car when it freezes here, but our diesel F250 is another story.

I visit my dad in Utah like every other year (try going every year depends on how busy I get), and every time I go up there for Christmas break, I see all the cars up there so filthy!!!! The slush and dirt combined together. It's horrible. I can't imagine having a nice car up there. Imagine driving an M3 or an AMG around town up there. I would hate that. They look so faded at times, it gives me chills.

I saw that. I had no clue what motor that was from the beginning until I read the whole thing. But the photoshop rendering was incredible. The only place where I could see fault is the upper left hand corner. Unless of course, that red filter looking thing is the intake and doesn't really go into anywhere.

It should be ok to link to other forums. I do it all the time.

rock salt increases corrosion, especially of chrome parts.

the same happens on my motorbike wheels.

this can (to a certain extent) be prevented by the use of protectors such as clear spray lacquer, or Vaseline,
(though obviously this is an every day maintenance job as they quickly wear off).

for under body and sill protection the best thing is rubberized under body paint, it's like a thick paint that is applied to the bottom of the car by stippling (too thick to brush!) which dries into a weather/chemical resistant rubber seal.

Back
Top Bottom