Wireless adapter too slow?

Half Evil

Golden Master
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=628082&CatId=2697

Well that is the wireless adapter I finally got. The Linksys WMP54G PCI Wireless Adapter. Anyways...

Its SO much slower then my wired connection, even when loading pages. I mean pages don't go up to 54mbs, so I don't get why its being so slow. I mean its not like it is unbearable. Its just that pictures take longer to load, and sometimes the site layout takes a while to load.

Its just weird.

Anyways, I installed what came on the disk, and I told windows to update it, but it cant find a better match.

So....... Does anyone have a link to some drivers? Because this is my first experience with this brand, and this type of adapter.

It must be interference from your walls or something else in your area. Wireless connection are more unreliable than a wired connection. I just recently got onto a wireless connection too and coming from a wired connection before, it's a little different as far as speed is concerned. Then again, I'm drawing the signal from the next house down :p.

The drivers that came with the network adapter should suffice, but here is the link to the drivers for Vista:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...rapper&lid=4398154358B03&displaypage=download

You'll have to enter the version number since I don't know what it is.

Make sure you're not connected to your neighbors network by accident. Make sure that router settings and network settings are set to "Auto Negotiate" for the connection speeds.

I have XP.

I want to upgrade to vista, but not till my new computer, whenever that may be.

No, I know this is MY connections, for sure. And I am sufficing.. But that isnt good enough when my ping is low 200 in CSS lol...

Go in to the set up and check use windows instead of letting linksys's pos software run it.
And wireless is slower than any wired connection.

I went from a wired to wireless conection the other month and the only thing it effected for me was you tube vids now take a lil longer to load and thats it , in general day to day stuff like forums i see no difference or at least nothing significantly noticeable
What strength is your signal tho cos i get 5 bars on my wireless

And in theory any wireless conection isnt gonna be as good as wired , your ping increases a lot depending on your signal from wired to wireless

One thing i found is if you have a cordless phone in your house when you use that it can interefere and cause problems so change your channel on the router till you get something that dosent

Go in to the set up and check use windows instead of letting linksys's pos software run it.
And wireless is slower than any wired connection.

I'm not using any software from linksys to use my router. The only thing I used from them is the drivers, windows does use it.

Anyhow, I know it is always slower, but it shouldnt be slower when browsing web pages. I mean theortically sure, but I had a different USB wireless adapter before, and it worked faster with web pages, but but slower with games, then this wireless adapter does. Its kinda confusing lol.

I went from a wired to wireless conection the other month and the only thing it effected for me was you tube vids now take a lil longer to load and thats it , in general day to day stuff like forums i see no difference or at least nothing significantly noticeable
What strength is your signal tho cos i get 5 bars on my wireless

And in theory any wireless conection isnt gonna be as good as wired , your ping increases a lot depending on your signal from wired to wireless

One thing i found is if you have a cordless phone in your house when you use that it can interefere and cause problems so change your channel on the router till you get something that dosent

And its funny because youtube videos load the same for me. But at times, the forums, or other various sites wont.

Oh well, ill deal. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom