sli-ing 8800 gtx vs sli-ing 8800 ultra

Crysis will be the first game thats built for multi-threaded processors. Would I be right in saying that?

what does bottleneck mean??

also... since i dont know which topic to put this under.... after i uninstall my battlefeild 2 from my current computer, how do i install it on my new computer???

You should just be able to re-install it as usual.

As for bottlenecking:

Basically, its when a component is being stopped, running at its full speed, by another.

The 8800 is a very fast card, and even a fast CPU stops it from running at its full potential.

Overclocking the CPU relieves this a little bit, unlocking the potential of the graphics card a bit more.

Yeah, thats a pretty good processor.

Do note, you'll need a motherboard with 1333mhz support. I advise you get one with that anyhow.

the 650i is basically a watered down version of the 680i, just less feautures. although i would get the 680i if your going to get such high end compenents.

and yes it will hold both the q6600 or e6750

Yes, it supports just about every single Intel CPU there is.

The less expensice 650i chipset, supports only 18 PCI Express lanes, compared to 46 PCI Express lanes found in the newer 680i chipset. But don't be alarmed by it as it is still able to power dual GeForce 8800 GTX cards. The 650i also misses out on 1333MHz FSB support, 1200MHz EPP memory support, four instead of six SATA 3 Gb/s ports, and the third PCIe x16 expansion slot for a physics card. The 650i supports a single Gigabit LAN connection versus 680i's dual Gigabit.

The Nvidia LinkBoost technology in the 680i increases PCI Express and MCP HyperTransport buses by 25%, which in turn pumps the interconnect bandwidth from 8GB/s to 10GB/s. Both PCI Express x16 slots in SLI mode will operate at full speed when using two graphics cards. This is not a feature offered in the nForce 650i SLI chipset, which is limited to PCI Express x8 speeds when running two cards in SLI.

Back
Top Bottom