Car Thread!

hey D-Lew im right with u i dont like the new focus....or any focus for that matter but the 08 just dosent look like it should.....

I love the Civic SI sedans... More than the coupe body style I think. They look too much like a bubble. The sedans look mean for some reason.

The only thing I don't like about the sedan version of the SI is the taillights. That's it. If they were to keep the same taillights from the coupe SI, I would have seriously considered purchasing it. I have to have four doors because I always have people in my car. There are quite a few features the new Civic SI has that are normally found in high class luxury sedans. It really impressed me to see that. Optional Nav system, wow. Side curtain airbags all around, drive by wire throttle (this is probably more and more common now these days), and has a great little motor. Only problem is the price. After I configured it, it was well over 26 grand!!!! For that price, I might as well get a loaded Camry SE and pay just a bit more for it.

I've heard bad things about the drive-by-wire throttle. You can punch the gas and let off quick enough for the motor to not even notice.

That's a controversial issue with drive by wire throttle systems. I have drive by wire in my current car now and I don't know if I even notice a difference, lol. It's suppose to give you a better response in acceleration due to computer sensing devices that immediately signal the throttle to open up, but I've noticed no difference so far. I also hear that should the computer screw up, the throttle could remain open which is bad. So far, there are very little, if not, any kind of problems with the throttle drive by wire technology. I've had my car for almost a year already and it drives fine. I guess it helps to make the engine compartment look more "cleaner" too. I'm waiting for the day they replace the master brake cylinder with something else.

I like the new Honda Civic Type-R. The Championship White paintjob and rims are so sick and it just looks so mean. Shame it's Japan only.

I know what you mean. I kinda wanted to sell my car to get a Nissan Xterra, and I still would if I could instandly sell it, but I couldnt wait around to see it be sold, it'd break my heart, lol.

Besides, I want some new rims

(Konig FreeFall)
http://www.gotwheelsandtires.com/ca...=1173&osCsid=35312f8a086234681bac3d52678c6ba9

konig-FreeFall.jpg
Didn't you say that the rock salt they put on the roads damages your rims? If that is the case why would you buy new ones when they will get damaged too?

Civic Type R are nice as far as speed is concerned for the Civic. I heard there was going to be a US model, but most likely not. Probably because the Type R is so similar to the SI. The 2008 model is rumored to have the same engine as the current SI with the same power output. Just using the Type R badging, and it's a hatchback model too.

Back
Top Bottom