question about an item on newegg

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so im thinking of building a new computer, and so far, i want to have cross fire, i know it dont do much, but i like the fact of knowing that its there. so i saw this graphics card on newegg, and it dont have the crossfire connector. so i was wondering how do i have crossfire, it says its crossfire supported, i check out the crossfire site, and it showed another way to connect, which is by the graphics card output, so i need to know how to have crossfire, if it can, heres the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102084

yeah, i know i need 2 cards for crossfire, but i was watching a demo video on the crossfire site, and they had a little connector thing on side of the graphics card where you connect both of them, but the pictures of the newegg ones dont have that connecting thing. so do i just get a cord that connects to the output of the two graphics card?

if im right you need a master and slave card, and crossfire i think uses external cables to connect the two, but im no expert

There are actually 3 different types of crossfire connections depending on the type of GPU's you select. I looked at it before because I wondered that myself when I had my X1650Pro.

The three types are a direct connection internal between the cards like Nvidia's SLI cards.

The second type uses a external connection that connects between the DVI ports in the back basically one goes into each card then they connect to 1 DVI port which you plug your monitor cable into.

And the third type use the motherboard for the crossfire. There is no internal or external connections for these. You simply put them both in your PCI-E slots and enable crossfire.

The card you have selected uses the third type. You just plug them in and go. No cables to hook up. I confirmed this with HIS the manufacture of the X1650 I had and they said it uses no cables.

Piece of advice don't buy 2 of those there not that great. Granted I was able to play mid 2k games at high settings. I think mine a turbo edition got like 2800 on 3dMark06 so don't expect to play new games on that card.

Back
Top Bottom