Memory Overclocking

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright so I overclocked my CPU and got it stable at default voltage. Now I was going to overclock my memory and I first tested changing setting from auto to manual in my memory settings. I saved and exited and couldn't even post. I am assuming that the auto settings were different than the default manual setting so it could be the problem. Now I am wondering if I can't post at default levels then I probably can't OC my memory. Now I am wondering if my OC on CPU was very good because my temps are good and I can't get any higher by changing voltages either. Is there something else limiting my OC?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ OCed from 1.81Ghz to 2.19Ghz. I was told it can get higher but I can't push it any further.

your ram is already OCed with your CPU, you cant just individually bump up the speeds. you dont raise the cpu's speed you raise the FSB speed, which determines the cpu's and ram's speed as well as other compenents in your pc, most of which are locked wihen you do though.

Alright I just did something else. I changed setting to manual in memory and lowered the frequency from 200Mhz to 166Mhz(1 step down) then I raised the CL to 3 from 2.5 and saved and it did post. Now I just bumped up the FSB by 4 and it is currently working. How does this affect my overall computer speed because my frequency on ram is 166 but the actual processing speed is higher and can probably go even higher. Does RAM affect performance more than raw Processor Power? is it a good trade to lower RAM to achieve higher Processor speeds?

Well I got my OC to 2.25Ghz. Higher than my previous 2.19 OC from an original 1.81Ghz stock.

All I did was set my memory down to 166Mhz from 200Mhz and then raised my FSB to 250 from 244. I couldn't get FSB 151 stable and I had to raise voltage to get FSB 250 to stay stable. I ran a stress test all night and it ran for 10 hours with no errors.

Back
Top Bottom