System Stability...not very stable huh? (Fixed I think :D)

70°C is fine

What driver?

Do you kill all background processes? I use EndItAll to kill mine before running benchmarks.

Nice score but still 1000 short ;)

CPU overclocked during that run?

Stick around True Folder. After I update my driver i'm going to do a little tweaking. Shooting for 12k. New drivers at 71% downloaded lol. Give me a few hours to get it setup. Freakin dial up god I hate it!

Yep I always test (usually 3DMark06) after altering clocks.

I don't know whats going on with ATiTool but you should be able to oc your core more than 640MHz as you have discovered using the NVIDIA control panel.

The NVIDIA test is just a basic frequency/clock test, nothing to do with artifacts, that comes in your (game/benchmark) test.

I could oc my 6800U right up to crash/lockup during 3DMark05 due to artifacts, if it locks up at high clocks just hit escape to exit 3DMark

Stick around True Folder. After I update my driver i'm going to do a little tweaking. Shooting for 12k. New drivers at 71% downloaded lol. Give me a few hours to get it setup. Freakin dial up god I hate it!
Sounds like a challenge coming up :D

Which driver are you d/loading??

Do you by any chance know why Coolbits has lost its Auto Tweaking feature thats meant to be there?

I believe I read somewhere that drivers post 120.XX or similar no longer support that feature iirc

EDIT: If Mattie is going to take a couple of hours I might go play some CoH, currently playing the "Bunkers" custom map under the Nations at War Mod v an expert AI (1v1 on an 8 player map) and it's been kicking my ass, I'll beat it in the end

;)

I'm going to bed :p

Just going to install the Beta drivers, and thats me done for the night

Yeah thats the ones I'm using. I can't find the BETA ones...

Anyhow, I managed to find the Detect Optimal Frequencies setting. I set the control panel back to how it used to be :p

Well... I doubt thisis right,

But its saying the Core should be set to 697mhz, and the Memory to 1.08Ghz...haha....

I don't think I'd allow that thank you very much :p

Those new drivers are no better than the 158.22 that I was using. I actually lost .002 FPS over my best. 11,588 @ 3525MHz and 675/2016 on the GPU. Should be able to clock up a little bit.

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=14&XLID=0&UID=11094606

Edited in:

I rebooted and set the Vcore to 1.55 and tried 3.7Ghz got about 45 seconds into orthos and it errored. I know I should not jump like that but then my computer made a few beeping noises so I just restarted it and set it back. I'm sure I can get there but i'm going to have to play with some settings. At least I know it boots there temps were up around 57C for the time it did run. O well its within reach.

I won't cry though i'm a little less then a couple hundred a 3.0Ghz quad :)

Back
Top Bottom