Muscle car for a 16 year old?

The Evo X smokes all compeition. REmember, power to weight ratio is a huge thing but of course, it's nice to have a lot of power at the same time and that's what the Evo BRINGS to the compeition. I remember making a thread on here awhile back on how my coworker's new Evo X smoked a Corvette. Well today, he told me he smoked a Dodge V10 Viper this weekend. Haha, I laughed at first, but he was serious. The Viper is too heavy which gives his 400+ Evo the advantage. In the long run though, the Viper should outrun the Evo, but too bad it's just a drag race at the speedway. He turned the boost up to 23psi. He modified the heads to withstand the pressure. The methanol is just amazing technology. Tuned to shoot @ 10psi, he's getting 397HP to the WHEELS!!!!!!

If you wanna seriously decent fast car get a lotus elise , i have read they handle like a dream , mainly due to the low weight , but they are also pretty quick
Unfortuantly they will prolly be way out of your price range so yeah
But personaly my opinions mirror that of many others here , get a practical car , i think it was Allthingssacred who said he drives a vaxhall astra they are seriously practical but quicker than walking in any sense , i dunno about general american cars but try and get something practical and cheap rather than a muscle car cos if you write it off you are not gonna be bothered
Tbh i dont care what my first car is gonna be , all i know is when i drive past the bus stop when its raining and see everyone there waiting thats when i will apreciate it

Sadly a crotch rocket is out of the question. Because I am only in 16 and in my state at least, you have to be 18 to get anything over 250. And a special liscense is required for any motorcycle. I do want to get a motorcycle liscense for the 250 honda rebel that we do own tho.

You kno you all are saying the don't buy a muscle car because it's fast and sporty and will get you in a wreck. Others say it is impratical. But then your talking about your v-tec's or eclipse's that are also sporty cars. You can go fast in a 4-cyl as well, it just takes longer to get there. A civic SI is still just a dangerous as a mustang, it all depends on how you drive it.

Also the thing about insurance. If you are on your family's policy the cost isn't outragous. I pay $267 for 6 months on my dad's policy. And the car is registered correctly, as a 1995 Pontiac Trans Am 8-cyl 350cu in. If you look at getting a plan by yourself at a young age then duh you are going to be paying out your a$$

Another strongly biased opinion. :eek:

It's not a biased opinion if it has been proven. Who the hell is this noob anyways? Coming out of nowhere and starting this sh**.

You don't believe his Evo beat a Viper? Why don't you get your sh**y piece of crap STI, put about 10-15 grand into it and see what it does. Don't talk the talk, but actually do it before making pointless accusations.

$267 for 6 months? Serious? I think mine on the 02 subaru costs more than that. Too bad my dad wont let me sell it to get a camaro. There is a decent one in the paper now. 1996 convertable for $3900. Oh well, he said the dodge dakota in the paper would be ok. I'm just not a big dodge fan.
I did see a 305 '87 mustang engine for $350, I could buy some car with a blown motor, and pop it in...
idk, probably a dumb idea.

Back
Top Bottom