Making your own company

Don't waste your time. Go find something else better to invest in.

As a webmaster, i've seen many of these "wanna-be" youtube clones with "better services" come in and out of our hosting and each one failed.

Youtube owns the monopoly of video uploads. Stage6 owns the dvd video upload center, Veoh Networks comes in second with Youtube.

You just can't "beat" Google. If you and your programmer buddies come up with a revolutionary new website system or service, then you can make millions. Until then, trying to step on the train with the big boys - you'll just get ran over.

A domain is $9.95 a year; doesn't mean anything. The only "better" services you could offer would be to pay people to upload their videos. It's not gonna happen.

Even IF you manage to create some special uploading site, how would you market it? Youtube owns all the search engine for video uploads. (Google Upload is the same thing.)

Thats completely true.

Not to mention all the file upload sites, file sending sites, and other small video upload sites that are catching up (i.e. yahoo videos).

It cant be done. Come up with some other cool idea.

Director's account's can upload longer.

I got a YouTube director's account and I can't upload anymore than 10 minute clips... They stopped doing that about the time I got my director's account, which was probably over 6 months ago.

I would like to download videos longer than 10 minutes. I use Veoh.com to upload all my short films in one clip and then embed then to my site since they offer unlimited time, under 100MB. I just gotta do a lower quality and I can get it on there.

well they could try...like if there not successful for a year than they could stop. they could seriously make some money. a good way to pwn youtube could be use of windows media player or quicktime to render vids instead of flash. this leads to btr quality of video. just try seriously.

well they could try...like if there not successful for a year than they could stop. they could seriously make some money. a good way to pwn youtube could be use of windows media player or quicktime to render vids instead of flash. this leads to btr quality of video. just try seriously.

Nah, What if you'r on Linux? Flash is universial. Quicktime and Windows Media Player arnt.

Nah, What if you'r on Linux? Flash is universial. Quicktime and Windows Media Player arnt.[/QU

im pretty sure quicktime if downloaded will work in linux and he could put a switching option between the too like in gametrailers.com

You'll end up losing more then what you invested. YouTube's bandwidth is well over your budget.

How come you never see Americans doing awesome stuff like that?

I hate what America is coming to.

I sure hope the above statement wasn't rascist... Because you saw the picture of the kid. Taken directly from the article:

a 6th grader from Silicon Valley
... That would be Northern California... USA.

And that's exactly why you, BF2player, will never achieve something like that. Don't say it's impossible because it has been done time and time again. I mean, for instance I just read about a 12 year old that started some business in his garage a year ago and just made 6.5 million dollars in venture capital. It can and does happen.

You just need to offer something that no one has before or be able to improve on an existing idea.

Link to the kid that did this? I'd like to see what he did.

both google and youtube were projects like this when they started

Back
Top Bottom