Playing DVDs on my laptop...

k0409964

In Runtime
Hey, I have a very simple problem - i have just installed a fresh copy of Win XP on my computer and now i'm just trying to get it to play dvds so i thought i better get a codec, so i have downloaded loads including cole2k, which is the one i used last time i reinstalled, and still my laptop wont play dvds!!!

I get the following message from real player:

"The DVD cannot be played. Key exchange for DVD copy protection failed."

and from windows media player i get this

0xC00D1163: A problem occurred with digital copyright protection

can someone please help!! i am sure it is just a simple fix!

i installed wmp 11 and now it gives me this message -

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card

i am using the same drivers as i have allways have, the ones suppled with the laptop, i know they are old now but laptop drivers are hard to update becuase they are specific to the make of your laptop!

do you have any other suggestions why it might not be working?

o yeah an i have tryed that codec pack and it stil does'nt work!!! thanks tho.

You could try going to Windows update to see if there is any hardware updates for your video card, I don't know otherwise never seen that error before, did you try REAL PLAYER?
How about trying CYBERLINK POWER DVD

Just an idea have you looked in the WMP 11 settings to see if you can manually configure it so it does not check for authenticity, I don't know if it possible or not but its worth a try.

well, i just got Power DVD, and that works fine, but i still can play dvds in wmp11 or real player! it is really odd!

Hmm... Power DVD uses its own codecs I believe, whereas WMP11 and Real Player may use a Microsoft one, that may be protected too much. I don't honestly see why you'd be getting an issue though, but Power DVD is by far the best way to play DVD's anyway.

Check in WMP11 for settings as blackjack says, but otherwise, I don't know.

well, i d/l dvd43, and now i can play dvds using wmp 11, so thats fixed the prob, really odd tho!!

now the reason i wanted to be able to use any program to watch dvds is cos i want to put dvds on my ipod, does anybody have any suggestions about which program is the best!

thanks for all the help tho!

Back
Top Bottom