Best Gaming Sound Card ?

sfxhewitt

In Runtime
Hi guys i just wanted to no what is the best gaming sound card i just bought a pair of razer barracuda headphones an wanna use them to there full potential i have heard the razer's own sound card is good and the X-Fi fatality ?? im confused please help me lol :confused:

I have Razer's sound card, and it's great. The only thing is that it's not currently fully compatible with Vista. There's a beta version out that works okay, but it's not perfect yet.

I wouldn't buy a Creative X-Fi card. Their drivers have been proven to be capable of screwing up your computer.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

I gat this card 5 month ago, and i have no problems wit it! Sound is great! You have 3 different setups that you can choose from. Gaming, Movies, Music, and you can customize each setup...etc + that "X-Fi I/O Console with cable and rubber feet" that u get its also really nice, u don't need to exit out of the game when u want to adjust the specs..etc. Make sure u have nice speakers so u can take the full advantage of the card or headphones. It's a bit pricy I know, but I think it's worth it :)

Cheers

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&product=14064&subcategory=208

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102015&Tpk=Sound+Blaster+X-Fi+Elite+Pro

I have the X-FI Xtreme Music which has EAX 5 for gaming, etc, but it doesn't sound too good through the Direct connections (least using my ears).
I'm yet to try it out on Coaxial, through my Logitech system.

I think the Elite Pro has Optical outs/in's. Would I be right?

Yes u are Kage, and i have both the Coax and optical for my Z5500 (they sound the same), but i use coax :) Much better then the standard connection.

Yeah, because you know what I realised today? I made a thread about it.

My Direct connection from my X-FI to my z-5500 sounds terrible! Just sounds closed, etc.

Yet, I ran it through Optical on the Xbox 360, and music sounds perfect!

So, I'll have to some way, using my Xtreme Music, get that 3.5mm to Coaxial thingy...

But yeah, I bet you, that'll sort my sound problems out.

If it doesn't, I'll be getting rid of my X-FI X-Music and maybe upping it, or something, to get the Optical

thanks for the help guys im gonna go with the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty and get the front pannel

Creative drivers = suck.
Besides that though, they're great cards. Unfortunately, crashing your computer isn't worth it to me when there are other products that are just as good out there with decent drivers.

Back
Top Bottom