Notebook Doesn't Boot Up

wilsonator

Baseband Member
I have an Acer Aspire 3660 Notebook.

When I came to turn it on today I got the following message:

We apologise for the incovienience, but Windows did not start properly, recent software or hardware changes may have caused this.

I am then presented with opitions for booting. However which ever one I select after a couple of seconds I get the following blue screen, which then after a couple of seconds disappears and the notebook goes off.

I have not to my knowledge made any software or hardware changes to the notebook.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this??

Thanks in advance,

Wilsonator!

Well, I have no idea.. try the ram and whatever that site says.. then turn it on after a while... I have no idea what you could do.

I still think it's your ram though.. and if the ram is inside of the case (built in) rather than in the slots on the bottom of the case then I don't know..

And if it is in the bottom of the case, if you have two sticks try taking one out.. and see what that does lol

My sisiter has "nicely" informed me that when she was using it last night norton was having a fit with a load of warnings in the corner as she put it.

And after reading that article on the microsoft site it sounds like a virus.

How would i go about removing this, I've read something anbout reocvery disc's but i'm not to sure.

Well, do what you said before, you said putting the hard drive in another computer worked.. So slap it in there and run a scan on it...

Is that difficult??

How would I go about doing that i've never done anything with laptops before.

Well, hold on, I have an old laptop hard drive around here somewhere..

Ok, you have done this with a regular PC right?

Well, the same basic thing.. pop the harddrive out (unscrew the little flap [should be located on the back on the laptop] and there should be a little white tab on the hard drive. Pull that and the hard drive comes out. Then hook it to your computer and run a virus scan for the new harddrive that you just connected. You have to set your primary drive as your old one on your pc, or else your computer will try to boot from your laptop drive.

Hold on.. I might have another thing you can do. What virus protection software do you have on your desktop?

From what i've heard.. some programs will let you make a series of floppy disks that will scan your computer out right...

Back
Top Bottom