How many beers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get a buzz from beer at all. I guess it is just not strong enough.

Cough Cough BS....... Try drinking more than 1 an hour.

i live in the US, where drinking is illegal period until your 21:p

Yes but most people do drink before that.

I barely feel the buzz after it. It's more than 8, but my system isn't made for drinking a lot.

Okay you barely feel the buzz after 8?

Same here, I've gotten up to 9 and haven't felt anything, at that point its just a waste.

Nice chugged 9 beers and didn't feel nothin right..............

Beer is generally seen as more of a sociable, quiet kind of drink. If you want to get truly destroyed then I suggest wine, or something stronger like After Shock or Tequila. Wine has me rolling in the aisles after three glasses, whereas I can easily drink six pints of beer/lager and about ten shots of vodka before I start to feel seriously lairy.

Seriously lairy may be a bit of a understatment after all that. After shock is good but I hate the aftertaste. Although breaking the bottle and eating the crystals is fun. I prefer Vodka or Scotch. My favorites are Sky for Vodka and either Chivas Reagle or Crown Royal Special Reserve for Scotch.

i kno i can drink 2 12 oz cups of stright vodka everclear or something like that have a few beers and some girly drinks and not be totally wasted

Idiot. Everclear is grain alcohol thats 95% alc by Vol. You would be dead plain and simple. Don't even try and despute that cause I'm looking at a bottle while I type this.

lol so which is it? Vodka or Everclear. You're talking 40% alcohol versus 95%.

+1

This forum seems to me like one big argument as to who can drink who under the table, & I'm on the verge of closing it unless someone can give me a good reason why I shouldn't, make up your minds quickly.

I'd have to agree with you on this one brook. This forum is primarily younger people and you know there going to start the snowball effect. IE I can drink this much o ya well I can drink this much. I'm willing to bet if I gave any member thats quoted above a six pack and told them to drink it in 1 hour they would be buzzed.

Of course buzzed by definition is a loose term. What is buzzed to everyone. Stumbling on the floor or pepped up?

I could nurse a 30 pack over a day and keep a teaser going all day. Or I could chug a six pack in 30 mins and have a nice buzz going.

I really do get a kick out of listing to people tell me how much they can drink. Funny part is there normally the people passed out by the 5 or 6th bar we go to. We probally drink 3 times as much as them but pace to stay up till 6am not pass out wasted at midnight.

Heres a simple guide I learned in ARD a class taken after getting arrested for a DUI. Basically the ARD expunges the dui so its not held against me but they gave me this guide. Its a bunch of classes I was required to take in order to expunge the DUI charge.

Roughly 1 drink is equal to .02% alcohol in your system. Can be higher if your drinking mixed drinks or wine. Thats base figures though. Your body burns .02% of alcohol per hour. So if you drink 1 beer per hour your body will burn that off as your drinking. However if you drink 2 beers per hour that works out to .04% while you burned off .02% so your starting the next hour with .02% in your system.

So lets do a simple chart. Legal limit is .08% anything above and you will get arrested.
You go to the bar.

First hour you have 3 beers and a shot .08%

Second hour your down to a .06% and you have say a shot and a beer your at .10% now above the limit.

By the end of the second hour you burnt off another .02% so you fell to .08% right at the limt.

Great 3rd hour your friends show up and down 2 more beers and 3 shots. So you start the third hour at .08% and your drinks add you up to .18% at the end of that third hour your down to .16%.

So after 3 hours having 6 beers and 5 shots your twice the legal limt. But getting technical after your second hour your drunk by law after having 4 beers and 2 shots.

To give you a idea of the percentages most people get arrested around .13%-.18% when I got mine I was a .176% When you get around .23%-.25% you may end up getting your stomache pumped. At .30% and above theres a good chance you will either die or end up in a coma.

Theres the simple math for my above statements. I'd agree .08% isn't much and most people are fine I'd say its noticable over .12% that there buzzed at minimum. Big drinkers can handle it better so that don't sound as slurd speech as someone that never drinks.

Well, you all saw David's post, he is going to keep an eye on this thread, now, for the attention of our very welcome newer members, it's his habit to regularly do the the rounds, visiting every forum in turn, he is very astute & notices the posts, whether they are calm, well phrased or very abusive like one here, [he knows who he is]
This is in no way a warning as such, just a gentle reminder, but if one of you thinks I mean her/him, then you are possibly right, please note though, I said possibly.

Cough Cough BS....... Try drinking more than 1 an hour.

Yes but most people do drink before that.

Okay you barely feel the buzz after 8?

Nice chugged 9 beers and didn't feel nothin right..............

Seriously lairy may be a bit of a understatment after all that. After shock is good but I hate the aftertaste. Although breaking the bottle and eating the crystals is fun. I prefer Vodka or Scotch. My favorites are Sky for Vodka and either Chivas Reagle or Crown Royal Special Reserve for Scotch.

Idiot. Everclear is grain alcohol thats 95% alc by Vol. You would be dead plain and simple. Don't even try and despute that cause I'm looking at a bottle while I type this.

+1

I'd have to agree with you on this one brook. This forum is primarily younger people and you know there going to start the snowball effect. IE I can drink this much o ya well I can drink this much. I'm willing to bet if I gave any member thats quoted above a six pack and told them to drink it in 1 hour they would be buzzed.

Of course buzzed by definition is a loose term. What is buzzed to everyone. Stumbling on the floor or pepped up?

I could nurse a 30 pack over a day and keep a teaser going all day. Or I could chug a six pack in 30 mins and have a nice buzz going.

I really do get a kick out of listing to people tell me how much they can drink. Funny part is there normally the people passed out by the 5 or 6th bar we go to. We probally drink 3 times as much as them but pace to stay up till 6am not pass out wasted at midnight.

Heres a simple guide I learned in ARD a class taken after getting arrested for a DUI. Basically the ARD expunges the dui so its not held against me but they gave me this guide. Its a bunch of classes I was required to take in order to expunge the DUI charge.

Roughly 1 drink is equal to .02% alcohol in your system. Can be higher if your drinking mixed drinks or wine. Thats base figures though. Your body burns .02% of alcohol per hour. So if you drink 1 beer per hour your body will burn that off as your drinking. However if you drink 2 beers per hour that works out to .04% while you burned off .02% so your starting the next hour with .02% in your system.

So lets do a simple chart. Legal limit is .08% anything above and you will get arrested.
You go to the bar.

First hour you have 3 beers and a shot .08%

Second hour your down to a .06% and you have say a shot and a beer your at .10% now above the limit.

By the end of the second hour you burnt off another .02% so you fell to .08% right at the limt.

Great 3rd hour your friends show up and down 2 more beers and 3 shots. So you start the third hour at .08% and your drinks add you up to .18% at the end of that third hour your down to .16%.

So after 3 hours having 6 beers and 5 shots your twice the legal limt. But getting technical after your second hour your drunk by law after having 4 beers and 2 shots.

To give you a idea of the percentages most people get arrested around .13%-.18% when I got mine I was a .176% When you get around .23%-.25% you may end up getting your stomache pumped. At .30% and above theres a good chance you will either die or end up in a coma.

Theres the simple math for my above statements. I'd agree .08% isn't much and most people are fine I'd say its noticable over .12% that there buzzed at minimum. Big drinkers can handle it better so that don't sound as slurd speech as someone that never drinks.

i have to hand it you. You are the first person to really shed some light on this thread. People appear to be taking advantage of the fact that no one is going to test them on what they say so they're making wild claims about how much alcohol they can consume before getting drunk. But i guess it goes for anything said online. People tend to become their idealistic selves when there's no one around to hold them to it or ask them to back up their claims. I agree, a lot of what's been said here is BS. Although, I do like the entertainment factor that this thread has presented. :)

- i'm sorry i can't give you any rep yet. (need to spread it around some)

Well, yea, in one night. I'm talking about drinking 24 oz of vodka in about 10 minutes.

oh yeah of course, i don't think anyone could drink it that fast. Your body would simply reject it and cause you to throw it all up.

well for ppl that dont think i can drink that much im sry...it hasnt killed me yet nor my bro or ne of my friends....thats total bs that it will kill u im sure if u have medical problems or something in that nature it would.....btw 24 oz aint nothing my friend drinks wayyyyyy more then that abit he is so gone i seen himn piss on his self but ppl do drink alot!!

well for ppl that dont think i can drink that much im sry...it hasnt killed me yet nor my bro or ne of my friends....thats total bs that it will kill u im sure if u have medical problems or something in that nature it would.....btw 24 oz aint nothing my friend drinks wayyyyyy more then that abit he is so gone i seen himn piss on his self but ppl do drink alot!!

OMG keep believing that. Alcohol will kill you if you drink to much just like cocaine or herion will kill you if you use to much. I'm telling you there is no possible way somebody drank 24 ozs of everclear and didn't end up dead. 1 shot of everclear is probally the equivlant of 3 shots of Vodka. Have you ever drank it or did you just see it on some tv show? As soon as you take a shot and it touches your mouth your whole mouth goes dry thats how potent it is. Every bit of saliva in your mouth is dryed out.

You can make your claims but I just wanted you to know you won't blow smoke up my ass.

24 oz is 16 shots. Let's put it in terms of 80 proof Vodka. 16 shots of 95% alcohol is equal to 38 shots of 40% alcohol. 38 SHOTS OF VODKA!!! If you drank that all at once, you'd be dead. By the assumption 1 shot is .02%, your BAC is now .78%. No doubt about it, unless you can get your stomach pumped ASAP, you're dead. Even if you're twice as good as the average person and you only get .01% per shot, you're still at .38%, and you're probably dead.

In case you meant just regular vodka, 16 shots puts your BAC at a .32%. Dead if you don't get help soon.

24 oz is 16 shots. Let's put it in terms of 80 proof Vodka. 16 shots of 95% alcohol is equal to 38 shots of 40% alcohol. 38 SHOTS OF VODKA!!! If you drank that all at once, you'd be dead. By the assumption 1 shot is .02%, your BAC is now .78%. No doubt about it, unless you can get your stomach pumped ASAP, you're dead. Even if you're twice as good as the average person and you only get .01% per shot, you're still at .38%, and you're probably dead.

In case you meant just regular vodka, 16 shots puts your BAC at a .32%. Dead if you don't get help soon.

Thanks for doing the math. The only way I could see it being true is with regular Vodka. Don't forget he will lose .02% per hour so if he takes 16 shots over a 8 hr period he would be fine. Now if he does 4 per hour at the end of the 4th hour his bac (Blood Alcohol Content) would be roughly .26% at 4 per hour. Thats really hammered for anyone. Thats the point were you can't walk without falling over after 2 steps. You could get away without going to the hospital but you may not wake up. I should find some reference sites but i'm not going to argue with anymore with him.

Yeah, my math was assuming he did it all at once. Over the course of a night I'd say it's possible (with the vodka).

since when is 24oz 16 shots? Last time I checked a shot was equal to 1oz.

edit - oh n/m im thinking short shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom