Weird mobo problem.

eViLoNe

In Runtime
Ok, so I've just built my new machine, which is in my sig, and everything is running fine, besides the fact of when I do a full shutdown in Vista, which switches the machine off, the next time I go to turn the machine on, the monitor sits in a state of sleeping, and the computer just hums along, as though its doing nothing...

Anyone have any ideas on whats causing this? I'm totally stumped.

Also, another problem I've just noticed is when I go into the BIOS, and change any setting, and save it, the system turns itself off, then back on, and it presents me with exactly the same problem.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks.

......... snip ......... Also, another problem I've just noticed is when I go into the BIOS, and change any setting, and save it, the system turns itself off, then back on, and it presents me with exactly the same problem.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks.
Which bios are you running and what are you trying to change?

The power off is a reset, my board does the same.

Yup, I know it's a reset, but it just sleeps after the reset, it doesn't start up again, like, the fans spin, everything sounds normal, besides the fact the monitor stays in stand by mode.

The only information I can get about the BIOS while in windows, is that it's version 0205, dated 05/30/2007, American Megatrends Inc.

This problem is driving me nuts and would like to figure it out asap :S.

That's not the problem, I'm using the actual Shutdown button, not the Power Off button, Thanks anyway :)

Hopefully someone can add some light onto this subject, I was thinking possibly BIOS power settings, but no go by the looks of it.

If you have onboard graphics, but are running off an SLI card for instance, turn off the onboard graphics in the BIOS, and also, set the BIOS to boot first on the PCI-E bus (Init Display first). The option should be there somewhere :)

As for the BIOS saving and switching the PC off and back on, mine does the same, but this isn't a problem

The problem you are having with the monitor not showing the boot up is most likely because you have your video card connected to the monitor with a dvi-a cable, you this cable swithes between analog and digital signal, but isnt always successful, so your monitor is waiting for a digital signal, and your video card is submitting an analog signal, so the monitor thinks nothing is happening. THe solution is simple just get a dvi-d cable (this only has a dash pin after the two clusters). this only relays digital signal so the early bios and post screens will be sent in digital format and the monitor will pick up on it.

I am actually using a dvi-d cable, so the problem is really weird :S.

Kage: The BIOS restarting the PC isn't a major, its the fact that the computer doesn't properly restart afterwards.

I'm pondering a BIOS flash, but I'm not sure that'd do much good.

Excuse the bump, but I seem to have figured out my problem. I flashed my BIOS to v0402 I think it is, and it has solved the BIOS and shutdown issue.

My problem now, is that whenever I go to install my NIC in windows, it installs, rebooted, then windows takes about 25 minutes to boot up. So I think the NIC driver is dodgy, but it worked fine yesterday :S.

Excuse the bump, but I seem to have figured out my problem. I flashed my BIOS to v0402 I think it is, and it has solved the BIOS and shutdown issue.

My problem now, is that whenever I go to install my NIC in windows, it installs, rebooted, then windows takes about 25 minutes to boot up. So I think the NIC driver is dodgy, but it worked fine yesterday :S.
Try the 0603 bios, that's the one I'm running.

I just noticed you're from Auckland (JAFA) :D I'm ex Whakatane (now living in Australia)

Back
Top Bottom