Muscle car for a 16 year old?

Yea but if you are a responsible driver that shouldn't be a problem (not saying you aren't) Plus there are times where having the extra power is almost necessary. Like with merging, on interstate on ramps in particular, a 4 cylinder can tend to struggle.

Forget the Camaro, & if you take my advice, the Forester too, you probably don't think so now but you're far too young at 16 to be driving cars like that IMO, & are you allowed by law to drive these anyway?, have patience, wait until you're at least 18, believe me those two years will simply zi-i-i-i-p by, they did for me!!!:)

I'd have to agree with you brook. No in the states anybody with the cash can drive whatever they want. One big thing is insuarance though. Good luck getting a insuarance company to insure you at 16 with a Camaro. You will pay a arm and leg. One of my friends bought a 2007 Mustang GT he's 23 mind you and he is paying like $350 a month just for insurance. I can only imagine what they would want for a 16 year old kid.

who said it wasn't a muscle car? I know I said a '79 Camaro is not much of a muscle car where the horsepower has been reduced to under 200. Any car around that time is just crap.

I just saw that and had to edit in. LMAO a 350 with 200 horsepower? Maybe a sick dying 350.

Dude have you ever been to the strip? Pick a semi $30k new car and line up next to my 68 fully restored Camaro. I don't have any pic's uploaded. If the threads still active tommorow i'll scan and upload a photo.

That is the age of muscle. The stingray corvette. Trans Am, 67 Camero. Those are muscle cars.
My dad wants me to get a small truck tho, has some practicle use, so I might look into a ford ranger or F-150 I think.

After around 1970-ish, muscle cars weren't muscle cars anymore. They really did make 350's with around 200HP.

Ehh... Don't get a muscle car as your first car. Sure, it's showy, classy, and makes loud noises. But totally not worth it. Get something reliable and cheap for your first car. All new drivers usually crash, wreck or damage their first car.

As said, when I turned 16 I got a sports car, my Eclipse (2nd Generation with 75K miles, Injen Intake + Other stuff) I haven't crashed, damaged or wrecked it yet. But I just think i'm a safe driver and i've been lucky for the most part...

So I don't know. I just wouldn't spend money on a showey car really until your older and more responsible. (Years really do make a difference no matter how "responsible" you classify yourself as.)

Ohh yeah.. Insurance.. Thats another story. Have fun!!!

Yea but if you are a responsible driver that shouldn't be a problem (not saying you aren't) Plus there are times where having the extra power is almost necessary. Like with merging, on interstate on ramps in particular, a 4 cylinder can tend to struggle.

Totally Biased. The car I will be buying next after I kill my Eclipse will be 4 Cylinder, 5-6 speed manual (depending on the short shift installment.) (I'm a fanatic for shifting.) with 300 Horsepower.

Vrroooom. Those cars are fast. :cool:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it's the WRX STI by Subaru.

My I V-TECH DOHC mobs.

I think it would be wise to not have a muscle car at a young age. I've seen a lot of accidents involving teens and fast sports cars. Teenagers tend to think they're invincible when they drive and they drive sports cars and other cars which are beyond their experience or capability. Insurance and gas are also going to be a bit high for a muscle car, and since you're a teenager insurance will be higher than normal. Go with the other car, even if it is slower and not as fun. I think in the long run you'll be much happier.

I think it would be wise to not have a muscle car at a young age. I've seen a lot of accidents involving teens and fast sports cars. Teenagers tend to think they're invincible when they drive and they drive sports cars and other cars which are beyond their experience or capability. Insurance and gas are also going to be a bit high for a muscle car, and since you're a teenager insurance will be higher than normal. Go with the other car, even if it is slower and not as fun. I think in the long run you'll be much happier.

Just today, I overheard a group of teenagers talking about how many times they "Crashed", "wrecked", or otherwise "damaged" their car. Out of 4-5 people, they all did one of the listed twice or more.

Back
Top Bottom