C++ learning from books

BGates14

In Runtime
I am taking a class in C++ in school, however my teacher leaves november, and if we don't get a replacement we just do nothing so I'm trying to get as far as possible with his help or make most of the class. So I decided to on the side teach myself so I can get the most out of it.

I baught these too books: Wiley's Teach Yourself C++ 7th Edition and Beginning C++ Through Game Programming Second Edition

Which one should I start with? I am thinking the first one because it goes through C first, and then goes into C++ and get you more familiar with the language and everything it does. However, I got the through game programming so that I am creating things and that can show me what I can do while I learn it. What is your opinion on which book I should start with? Is there anything else I should consider starting with? Or does anyone have any tips?

I don't know the books. I have not Googled either to learn what they are about.

What I can, and will tell you is this: C and C++ are two different languages. It is technically unnecessary to learn C before C++. That would be like learning two different forms of English just to learn common English.

Go directly for the C++ book and read away. Yes, C++ was created as an improved version of C, although the syntax is not exact and therefore unnecessary to learn in most cases.

Practice makes perfect. Good luck.

Thanks, I don't think it teaches me C per say, but it introduces me to it and teaches people who are new to C++ / programming all together what it is and how it works, and then gets into C++ I guess, I'll find out soon but yeah.

If the C book introduces you into the language of programing and it's system of how it works and what-nots it may be useful. Once you know the basis of programming the rest is generally easy. It's just remembering the little stuff that will kill you.

Like in Java; system.out.print is different from System.out.print.

Back
Top Bottom