Car Thread!

you know....I've been wondering, and now posting it since the muscle car thread came up...but why are muscle cars hardly mentioned in this thread? I've always hoped muscle cars/american cars would come into play so I could talk about mine... *looks to my sig*

Becuase muscle cars aren't very popular among people our age. It's always "fast and the furious" stuff, because muscle cars are generally more expensive if you think about gas and maintaining that old of a car, etc. They aren't popular with us young folk, cause they are old.

Now, if I had pockets full of cash...
I would seriously be rocking a fuel injected cherry red/white '57 Chevy Bel Air. That's my kinda ride right there.

Also a Sil-Eighty (240SX with S13 Silvia front end) with a RB26DETT swapped in. Mmmmm. :D

About the Focus:
The hatchback is the Focus. It's Euro, the sedan style just doesn't have the same... Eurocity (?) that the hatches have.
I think the black one you're talking about is my friend Evan's. Most of those guys are good friends of mine. Our car club won half the Focus awards at the show. 1st and 2nd place in street class, and 3rd in custom class (me).

But for you hatchback h8ters you will be glad to know that the Focus will come in a regular coupe style and will no longer be a hatch for the upcoming '08 model year. I don't like the design that much, though. Looks way too mainstream.
08Focus_01.jpg

What about the newer american sports cars such as new mustangs, firebirds/camaro's, chargers etc.

That and plunty of the talk in this thread is about exotic cars which are 4 times as much as the american sports cars

I wouldn't consider those muscle cars. Maybe Chargers.
I'd consider them pony cars. They aren't stripped down cars with humongo engines like back in the day. They also handle pretty well for such large cars. When I think of modern muscle I think of the GT500. Possibly the new Z06, but it's just as good at carving corners as quarter mile passes, it's almost an exotic. The glory days of true muscle cars are just over. They are just too expensive and gas-guzzling for this generation.

You went through two alternators before? Now that is something for the record books. In my life of owning cars, I've never experienced a failed alternator. I've had one car with over 180,000 miles on it and it still ran fine.

When are you trading in your Focus?

I'm not going to trade it in, at least for a long time. I would feel guilty. That car is part of me now. Plus I don't really have a means of securing a newer car.

My friend's focus went through 10 alternators (lifetime warranty on those bad boys).
He recently replaced his main power cables and it's been doing just fine since then.

Back
Top Bottom