new router

esa193

Fully Optimized
i just got a new linkys router
and when i try and install the cd to secure it
it wont recognize my router
any idea

if you're using wireless, try using the ethernet connection instead and see if that does anything. I had a router once and couldn't install software for it because I was connected wirelessly.

You'll need to input the code within a browser.
Look in the instruction manual, for the IP/user and password to talk to the router to get it set up.

im connected wired
and i put in the routers ip enter the defult pass
but how do i change the name and pass for the router so nobody can get on my router

I wouldn't worry. Its wired, so no one can access it anyway. At least, I don't think so.

Should be an option to change it on that page that appears.

no it is wireless
but im connected wired to it
how do i manually set a password and user name
to my linksys g router
WRT54 is the model

During the initial router configuration, the installation wizard prompts you to set an administrative password and then sets up your router for WPA-PSK mode.

During the installation of the client, you are instructed to push the button on the front of the router. The backlit button, located on the lower left front corner of the router, is actually the "bridge" logo of Cisco (Linksys is a subsidiary of Cisco). Once this light begins flashing, you'll know the router is in configuration mode. Once in this mode, the client installation wizard instructs you to click on an icon, and the rest of the configuration is completed automatically. Within a few moments, you'll receive a confirmation screen indicating that you've successfully connected securely to the wireless access point.

Back
Top Bottom