Yet another Overclocking advice thread.

It could help, yes.

Remember though, you'll have to be raising the RAM too, since this works in sync with the processor.
Luckily, most BIOS's seem to have an option to automatically set the RAM at a certain speed to the CPU.

Mine for example runs at 1:1:50 to the CPU at default clocks.

Dude, put the voltage back to stock. Raise the Mhz by 5 and run orthos checks every 15.

All those volts you are pumping may cost you your processor. They fry too. Try to get it as high as you can without upping the volts. Then raise them by .025, and be steady with it.

It could help, yes.

Remember though, you'll have to be raising the RAM too, since this works in sync with the processor.
Luckily, most BIOS's seem to have an option to automatically set the RAM at a certain speed to the CPU.

Mine for example runs at 1:1:50 to the CPU at default clocks.

Alright I was wondering about this too. How do I set my RAM and what should I set it too?

I'm afraid that is where my knowledge with overclocking ends.
Like I said, most will overclock with the CPU without any tinkering

Dude, put the voltage back to stock. Raise the Mhz by 5 and run orthos checks every 15.

All those volts you are pumping may cost you your processor. They fry too. Try to get it as high as you can without upping the volts. Then raise them by .025, and be steady with it.

what is orthos checks? lol I feel so newbie when I have no clue about something that seems common knowledge to most

Orthos is a program that stresses your CPU to check for inconsistencies. You run it for an hour and if it doesn't get an error you can raise farther.

Here is a link: http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

As for ram, uh, you raise the RAM FSB in the FSB config menu. Depends on the mobo you are using. I highly recommend doing what I told you. Are you monitoring your temps?

Orthos is a program that stresses your CPU to check for inconsistencies. You run it for an hour and if it doesn't get an error you can raise farther.

Here is a link: http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

As for ram, uh, you raise the RAM FSB in the FSB config menu. Depends on the mobo you are using. I highly recommend doing what I told you. Are you monitoring your temps?

Yeah they haven't hit higher than 43 degrees C

Run Orthos and report back lol. I bet you they will skyrocket after 25 mins.

Just to be sure what are you running it at right now?

Alright it is running at 1.5V and FSB is 245 still don't know how to set RAM

Oh yeah I am also currently running Orthos. Now how do I know when something is wrong when I am running Orthos?

Well, see where the big-a** GO signal is? Well, when there is an error it will turn red. Plus it will stop running.

Is your multiplier 15X?

Back
Top Bottom