Muscle car for a 16 year old?

Ok well i am 16 and here is my advice
i would get expereince at driving first , i mean my first car is gonna be some old banger at least if i prang it or just plain write it off i am not gonna be gutted like omg i just spent £2000 on a car and now its lay upside down in a ditch or something
And a muscle car just aint practical for everyday driving cos i mean why you need like 400bhp just to drive to school or college ,sure you look good but it is inpractical as hell . I mean tbh why would you need 400bhp in any situ other than compettition
And with that much power you would be tempted to just put your foot down , and with little to no expereince in driving the likelihood of crashing is very high and you will prolly hurt yourself and maybe some other people
Sure we all say nah i wont put my foot down or what i am sensible but its easy enough saying that once you get inside and feel the kick you will be tempted , and once you do it once you will see no problem with doing it and try again and again pushing the boundaries furthur and furthur each time till you just crash
I mean dont get me wrong you can put your foot down in any car tbh but with a miscle car there is far much more power so you get faster quicker
So yeah to sum it up wait till you are an adult and fully understand the risks involved cos it is most likely gonna end in tradgerdy otherwise

haha ok ok, so you're saying you want a muscle car but then you post a link to a '79 Camaro!?!? Dude...that car isn't going to have any more "muscle" than the forester. Ok, it's got a 350 but seriously I would be surprised if it has more than 250HP (which i imagine has only about 210HP at the most). And besides, that year of a camaro just screams trailer trash. It's not cool. If you want to go muscle check out some cars a decade older or look into the new age muscle cars. Chances are, you're not going to be able to afford either.

Muscle cars are just raw power and no manoeuvrability, they should be left only to professionals and extremely skilled drivers.

having you even driven a muscle car? I think not.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by muscle car, I would consider one to be the Shelby Mustang and the Shelby Cobra which are all power and manouevrability. I know because I drove a Cobra when I was in Pennsylvania visiting my cousin four years ago.

How do you define "muscle car" then? I still think that power is unnecessary especially for a sixteen year old.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by muscle car, I would consider one to be the Shelby Mustang and the Shelby Cobra which are all power and manouevrability. I know because I drove a Cobra when I was in Pennsylvania visiting my cousin four years ago.

How do you define "muscle car" then? I still think that power is unnecessary especially for a sixteen year old.

i define it the same way you do. It's just that I disagreed with you saying they have no maneuverability (which we're not going to argue at this point) and that you need to be a professional driver to drive one. I have driven a 71 Chevelle SS with 500HP and to me, it handled like a dream. Heavy, granted, but still it's no dump truck.

I'm coming up on 16, and I want a 98 firebird formula, so I don't see anythign wrong with it. As long as your responsible you'll be fine. The one I'm looking at has a 350 in it and puts out 305HP. Me and my dad went to test drive it(since they wouldn't let me :p) and that thing is nice and fast, my Dad punched it and it could have easily sat there and done donuts smoking the tires(and that was on concrete:D). So my advice if thats what you want get it, but not the one on ebay like others have said it just looks bad, I'de get a newer sports car. Oh ya I forgot to mention the Firebird is like $8,900

I'm saving up for a Mitsubishi Evo. Possibly the IX, more likely the VIII. A used Evo is definitely in your budget...

Any fast car at 16 or 17 is going to be crazy insurance. I saw an article once saying the Evo is actually the most expensive car to insure because of the awesome price / speed ratio.

The cost of the muscle car isn't worth it to look good and have a higher risk of crashing at 16. I got my $500 old beat up Ford Tempo, it turns on and drives from point A to point B and back again, and I haven't lost much if I crash it or if someone crashes into it. It doesn't have much power either being a 4 cylinder, so it limits me because sometimes I do want to go faster than I should. I wouldn't drive it going over 80 MPH either, sounds like it's really working the engine then since it's only a 3 gear auto. Almost was in an accident today not paying attention in the parking lot... Saving up for a newer car when I'm 19 (about when I graduate high school) so I will have more experience driving and will make better decisions.

I also have to pay for my own gas and part of my insurance, so getting a muscle car would really up both of those prices, it just not worth it. I personally don't want one anyway.

Yes, I have to pay for everything on my own too. I know what you are saying about muscle, that camero is not a real muscle car. But basically I want something with a little more power. Six cylinder or so.

Just because a car has 4 cylinders doesn't mean it won't be fast or isn't capable of being fast.

Back
Top Bottom