Strange Internet

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
At my dad's office, for some reason his internet connects sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works really well, but then sometimes it'll disconnect in the middle of his work. He has At&T. I have AT&T as well, but I don't have that problem. Does anyone know why? He has Vista, so I am not very familiar with the internet options on it.

I say do a virus scan.. spyware and such. It wont be the firewall or anything. You mean his office at work or does he have a home office or something? Also, how old is his computer?

How long does it disconnect for? Does it disconnect, then reconnect after a bit? If this is consistent, call up AT&T and have them run a line test or replace your modem.

I mean, your NIC might be..going out or something. If the rest of the office is working (that's why I asked if it was at home[by himself] or not.) If it is just him then yes, you should call at&t

His computer is really nice, brand new...Specs are:
AMD X2 5200+(I think)
7300gs(my old one, cuz he needed dual monitors0
2gb RAM
300GB HDD
Yeah, so I don't think it's the computer.

The internet was installed about a month ago, and it's been doing this since it's been first installed. The rest of his office works, I think, but I'll have to double check with him. The internet goes out for about 1/2hour then comes back on randomly.

Hm, well you shouldn't have to install anything..

well.. what does it say when you get disconected? That the cable has been d/c ed? Maybe a rat chewed through it or something and it's acting up...

Ask someone if you can switch cables for a day.. :D lol

switching cables is not a bad idea, also calling AT&T to have them test the connection like ISOwner said would probably be a good step to take.

Well, yes you can call them up.. but you said that he's in an office.. with other people.. i'm sure it's shared between more than him

Back
Top Bottom