making CO2

Shitload is a scientific term??, you are joking I take it, ha ha ha!, OK, here's the scene; Senior Lecture speaking to a class of students, "well you take a shitload of......"
Thanks for the laugh anyway, [wipes eyes]

lol, and your first theory would have worked... you just needed lots of pressure.. which would have taken, LOL, shitloads hahahaha

muz i'm liking the idea you gave me. hmmm, all need to do is prove that the gas being pumped into the inverted test tube is CO2 but i an always prove that through a written chemical reaction.

ANother way to proove its co2 is to put a lighted splint in there and it should go out instantly as there is no oxygen
Or pump it through some limewater and the limewater goes cloudy at the presence of co2

GCSE Science FTW.

My cousin grew up in Scotland and did the Scottish Standard Grades the year they started (it must have been 1986), it seems that the whole CO2 thing is standard everywhere.

GCSE Science FTW.

My cousin grew up in Scotland and did the Scottish Standard Grades the year they started (it must have been 1986), it seems that the whole CO2 thing is standard everywhere.

yeah lol
we actually did the hcl marble chip one for coursework

alright well i made a seal around my cup and i got it to work but the balloon didn't fill up all the way because its one of those long balloons where its hard for human lungs to even inflate, and the seal kept breaking so that tells me that the balloon is harder to inflate then it is to break a play dough seal lol.

so i'm gonna try getting a bigger round balloon and see if that helps. also i am going to use your idea muz with the lime water i just have to tell my teacher to get me some calcium hydroxide. thanks guys :D

alright well i made a seal around my cup and i got it to work but the balloon didn't fill up all the way because its one of those long balloons where its hard for human lungs to even inflate, and the seal kept breaking so that tells me that the balloon is harder to inflate then it is to break a play dough seal lol.

so i'm gonna try getting a bigger round balloon and see if that helps. also i am going to use your idea muz with the lime water i just have to tell my teacher to get me some calcium hydroxide. thanks guys :D

awww i though the diet coke and mentos was going to be done, dunno if it would make enough CO2 though

awww i though the diet coke and mentos was going to be done, dunno if it would make enough CO2 though

well how would i go about capturing the co2? the mentos creates a reaction with the soda and begins to foam by the time i get the balloon over the mouth of the bottle i'd have soda in it lol.

Just blow up the ballon a couple of times.. stretch it :d I like the limestone Idea though too, I must say..

Back
Top Bottom