Complicated Build, Need Help :)

I had read something about the g0 step, its just like a better version of the processor right? and u right newegg doesnt show it. Is there a website that shows if its a g0 or not?

Yeah, most websites now let you choose between the 2, being the B3 and the G0 step

http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA1938452#

Would this be a good place to order it from if decide to get the Q6600 G0?

By the way Kage u think u can help me by answering some of my questions that I posted in reply #9?

freestyler105 is not here to help me out today :(

Thanks

EDIT

Just noticed this

4. Gigabyte mobo - $80:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128034

thats an am2 socket, will not work for Q6600 :( Whats a good cheep motherboard that has and AGP slot and PCI for Q6600?

Thanks

New motherboard don't support AGP, and getting one that does will limit you a lot.

PCI-E is the future, and as for an aftermarket cooler, if you want your system running cool, and with headroom to overclock, its best to get one.

The Freezer 7 is good, the Zalman 9700 is probably better (and quieter too), especially for the Core 2 your getting now.
If you could afford it (not much more), the Tuniq tower would do amazingly well, but thats only if your going to overclock loads.

You'll be happy with the Zalman 9700, I am, and I'm a perfectionist..

But yeah, don't bother with the AGP card. Its not worth it. Especially for 2 months. Sell it if you can :)

The X1950 is a really good card for current Direct X 9 games, but it isn't future proofed, but...what hardware is these days? It'll be fine, and its cheap :p

Thanks for the help Kage.

I will need reevaluate my budget, and maybe rethink a thing or 2. I will prob make another topic when I get everything prioritized.

thanks.

Here is a cheaper build it is pretty cheap and also very good. cost around 400$ AD so if you live in america thats around 225$

Motherboard: M2N8-VMX
CPU: AMD 64 athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
GPU/VGA: nVidia Geforce 8500 at 256m or 512m
ram: 1gb of DDR2 ram at 667mhz or 800mhz

Thats basicly it. if you are planning on using the case that he orignally had and the PSU thats in the case you will save some money and you can buy a DVD drive or a CD drive if you dont already have one. also you can get a new HDD if you really think its nessacary.

Here is a cheaper build it is pretty cheap and also very good. cost around 400$ AD so if you live in america thats around 225$

Motherboard: M2N8-VMX
CPU: AMD 64 athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
GPU/VGA: nVidia Geforce 8500 at 256m or 512m
ram: 1gb of DDR2 ram at 667mhz or 800mhz

Thats basicly it. if you are planning on using the case that he orignally had and the PSU thats in the case you will save some money and you can buy a DVD drive or a CD drive if you dont already have one. also you can get a new HDD if you really think its nessacary.

I appreciate the help, but I think you have misunderstood what I actually need to do.

In 2 month I will combine the new stuff that I am planning to get for him now, into the rig that's in my sig. I mean I don't want to spend $300-$400 now and then spend $500-$600 in 2 month, he needs to be able to use his computer now, but in 2 month I will transfer 3 components into my rig (The Processor, Motherboard & Ram) This 3 things needs to be GOOD, everything else can be as cheep as it gets, just to last him 2 month. I want his comp to be a bit future proof if u know what I mean.

The only thing that I really have my mind set to, and I am debating between this 2 (only $30 diff) ether an E6600 or a Q6600 g0 step. I might do a small overclock for him maybe up to 3.0Ghz, but that's prob in 2 month when I put my Zalman 9500 on. I also need a MOBO, 2G of RAM, a cheep HDD, a cheep CDRW-DVD player, and cheep vid card (so he can play WoW) I am not sure If i need the powersupply, I might be able to use my old one, Its 4 years old, so I need to check the Volts on it. I was hoping to spend an all of this $500-$600.

Primary Parts.
1. E6600 or a Q6600 g0 step
2. MOBO
3. 2G of RAM

Secondary Parts (only temporally, something cheep) I will replace this parts with the pars that's in my sig in 2 month.
1. HDD
2. CDRW-DVD
3. Vid Card- (so he can play WoW)
4. Maybe a PSU

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom