Offered a Geeksquad job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tr applying at both Geek Squad and Best Buy. I'll show them how a PC really works :p

Nah, just that my job ATM is unstable. I work and don't on weeks without contracts. I'd preffer a more stable job.

I got the job.. just doing my drug test tomorrow, but that'll be no issue.

I'm starting off at 11.16/hour but I'll receive a raise very soon, as the GM said, if I continue to do well. 10.00 - 11.00 / hour is just the starting wages they give.

So, I spoke to the members of management, who were extremely friendly and helpful, and I also spoke to the employees around the store. The employees seem very happy with their job, and it seems like a pretty decent job to have through college.

I got the job.. just doing my drug test tomorrow, but that'll be no issue.

I'm starting off at 11.16/hour but I'll receive a raise very soon, as the GM said, if I continue to do well. 10.00 - 11.00 / hour is just the starting wages they give.

So, I spoke to the members of management, who were extremely friendly and helpful, and I also spoke to the employees around the store. The employees seem very happy with their job, and it seems like a pretty decent job to have through college.

Congratulations -- please continue to keep us updated as I am interested and wouldn't mind working for the GS (Of course, my IT credentials aren't there yet, but we'll see... plan on working towards my A+ early next year).

In regards to the pricing -- what people have to understand is that a) GS is a business, and b) Computer savvy people are not the ones using this service! To the 62 year-old retiree who isn't used to the computer of today, $250 is a small price to pay to get his computer up and running -- he doesn't want to have to deal with trying to fix the computer, nor does he have the knowledge to do so.

I bet you in certain Car forums they're laughing their heads off saying "$40, for an oil-and-filter change, WHAT A RIPOFF! It only takes 10 minutes to do, and it only costs us $5 for parts". Look at the return they're getting.... but also keep in mind, they need to pay the employees, the managers, the overhead for the facility, and of course they need to make some form of a profit... catch my drift? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom