My ram is running at 266 mhz?

neon615

Baseband Member
I bought a new 1gb of DDR2 R.A.M today, and when i checked in CPU-Z it says it is running at 266mhz :(, why is this?

BTW, my mobo is an ASUS p5vdc-MX

whats running in your task manager processes? are you getting enough air through the whole computer like fans etc?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON!!?!?!?! i just ran CSS and done an average FPS STRESS TEST, and i got 10 LESS fps than usual, WTF IS GOING ON!!?!

RAM will only show as half of what it states in the BIOS. Double Data Rate memory doubles the amount in 1 clock, so in other programs, instead of 800, it'd read as 400 for instance.

Check the RAM in the BIOS though, that its not being pushed back.

I bought a new 1gb of DDR2 R.A.M today, and when i checked in CPU-Z it says it is running at 266mhz :(, why is this?

BTW, my mobo is an ASUS p5vdc-MX
In cpu-z there are two memory tabs, one called memory and one called SPD, can you post screen dumps of both.

EDIT:

Is this your board?

If so then:
ASUS Website said:
Memory:
2 x 240-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 2GB DDR2 533/400 non-ECC, unbuffered memory
2 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 2GB DDR 400/333/266 non-ECC, unbuffered memory
(Note: DDR and DDR2 memory can not be used simultaneously)
That board does not support DDR2 800, DDR2 533 is max speed ram, that is why it is reported as 266 (266 x 2 = 532 (533)).

Please supply accurate details of the ram involved.

yep that ram is going to stay where it is, and its not your ram thats getting you low frames in CS what graphics card do you have

Back
Top Bottom