help...me uncles pc got some spyware and now nothing loads up.

kundi13

Baseband Member
basically me uncles been getting spywares in his pc so i installed zone alarm internet security worked for a week then all of a sudden the desktop loads up but nothing hardly seems to be working. zone alarm dont load up even the internets web page cannot find server, nothing seems to be loading up but i can access start, control panel and the basics. help what can i do ?

im not telling you to go out and to this but i had a simalr problem with a virus and what i did was totaly reformatted it and i was fine

Eh, run MS config and stop everything from loading.. except the important stuff of course..

Run A virus scan (avg..) and if you have zl pro run that. Spyware, depending on what kind, has to access the internet.. run BlackIce Defend and block them until you fix the problem.

If you can't find a virus download a rootkit scaner and getin safe mode and run that.

Or, if ie still doesnt work, then put it on a jumpdrive on this comp and take it to the other..

kool... i will have a go at that. one more thing when i went in the task manager this program called vsmon or something called appearing then dissappearing. :confused:

vsmon.exe is associated with zonealarm.. it monitors the internet activity.. it's a good thing lol

Of course, anything can be named anything.. it depends on where it is in the directory.. it could be a virus I guess, or your spyware problem.. But I don't think it is. Now if you didn't have ZA on your computer then I would be wondering ;)

But you're ok lol

thats the problem...non of the programs load up includin zone alarm. normally you would see zone alarm on the bottom icons but i dont see it there. weird. however i will have a go at it or just save his important files (not much) and reformat c: drive. lolz :D

Back
Top Bottom